Ok...... What ya listening to?

He plays mostly bop saxophone lines and mixes in some blues and rock licks so there is something for non jazz fans to latch onto. He mixes those things in a way I've never heard anyone do. Also, I've seen him live a dozen times or so, and he's a master of controlling his sound live with effects pedal dancing like no one else.

Scott Henderson is the master of playing fusion and making it sound mostly like blues licks with some cool jazz era things laced in, but I find Oz a lot more advanced at weaving bop and blues/rock.

Check out his solo on track 5 of his latest cd dragonfly.
I will definitely check that out. I’ve never seen him live, but I would LOVE to. Playing at that level live is just nuts.

ive never really given Scott Henderson a chance. I will have to give him a listen. You don’t get a Suhr signature model unless you are a heavy hitter.

I will definitely check that out. I’ve never seen him live, but I would LOVE to. Playing at that level live is just nuts.

ive never really given Scott Henderson a chance. I will have to give him a listen. You don’t get a Suhr signature model unless you are a heavy hitter.

For Henderson, check out tribal tech cds like Face First, Reality Check, Primal Tracks.

Slamer-Nowhere Land-just found a copy and had to have it.
The new Evergrey and Soen albums have been burning up my radio these days

Some friends from Cleveland just got picked up by Translation Loss Records. Here is a live stream they did recently.

Took a break from EDM/raving...

Last couple days?? Full on FrankZappa. Non-stop. All albums from the early days of Hot Rats/FreakOut right through to Thing-Fish and Yellow Shark.

Love me some FZ.

New Evergrey: Escape Of The Phoenix, New Pyramaze: Epitaph, and Death: Human, Sound Of Perseverance, Individual Thought Patterns, and Symbolic. Forbidden's Twisted Into Form sprinkled in.

Just listened to Enuff Z Nuff's Strength.....cool album
And before that, Jerry Cantrell's Degradation Trip....hell yeah

isley brothers, elton john, satyricon, old accept, king crimson, old Murder by Death stuff, Esham, local rappers, etc.

This used to not be on Youtube as an individual song but now there it is. I always loved this one, very Allman-y. EDIT: this song makes you think it's about to end about 4 minutes too early...it's actually kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:
I’m finally getting off my VH thing since. Needed a help with that so I ordered and just received the new Accept - Too Mean To Die.

Last edited:
This lately. Andy is such a great player and this needs to be played loud. Starting at 2:37...it rips!!!!

For Henderson, check out tribal tech cds like Face First, Reality Check, Primal Tracks.

Hell Yes. Illicit too. Use to jam along with this stuff all the time.
Couldn't always keep up but definitely helped me absorb some of his phrasing.
Plus, he's got this gear he gets into now and then that's just killer.

Back