Ok...... What ya listening to?

I've really been digging this Dutch band Vola lately. They are like Djent Pop Rock that's at times a little keyboard heavy, but they are good. This is their new stuff.

Oz Noy. Scariest player I've heard in years. He's so GD good, I don't think many can even comprehend it.
I was watching his clips on the Cracking the Code website. That dude is on a different level of ingenuity. His economy picking is done with such elegance and flow that it blows your mind. He plays thicker strings, but that doesn’t stop him, he manhandles those things with a light touch and at times digs in and opens up the workshop. When he unloads, watch out. I have never seen someone play like him. Very unique style and a lot of very tasteful licks.

I was watching his clips on the Cracking the Code website. That dude is on a different level of ingenuity. His economy picking is done with such elegance and flow that it blows your mind. He plays thicker strings, but that doesn’t stop him, he manhandles those things with a light touch and at times digs in and opens up the workshop. When he unloads, watch out. I have never seen someone play like him. Very unique style and a lot of very tasteful licks.

He plays mostly bop saxophone lines and mixes in some blues and rock licks so there is something for non jazz fans to latch onto. He mixes those things in a way I've never heard anyone do. Also, I've seen him live a dozen times or so, and he's a master of controlling his sound live with effects pedal dancing like no one else.

Scott Henderson is the master of playing fusion and making it sound mostly like blues licks with some cool jazz era things laced in, but I find Oz a lot more advanced at weaving bop and blues/rock.

Check out his solo on track 5 of his latest cd dragonfly.

Back