Ola`s Take on the Mark VII

Is it in reference to that particular Cannibal Corpse album? That album got me out of CC in a hurry and I haven't been back, though I still love most of the prior stuff.

Yes. It's not my favorite album, but I like the name...obviously. You should listen to the last 2 albums...they're pretty good. If you don't like those, then i can't help you. lol

listening to this clip through some pretty nice head phones and to me the VII almost sounds hollow compared to the IIC+
I think it's funny that the best channels modes for high gain on the Mark VII are trying to just be previous iterations lol (IIC+, IV).

I've yet to hear the new Mark VII channel mode recorded in any way that sounds appealing, to me anyway.

That's what it sounded like in the room. The 2C+ was much more full in the mids.
sound much more full period, sounds thicker, more body to the sound, I've heard people say that the V and VII have this "Plastic" thing to the sound. I never understood it until now.

That's what it sounded like in the room. The 2C+ was much more full in the mids.
I just didn't hear a $$4500 difference in the clip and the similarity was quite evident when you switched to the MKVII. It wasn't like it sound like a completely different amp, it just sounded like it was EQ'd differently, the distortion character and dynamics were pretty much the same...at least to my ears.

Last edited:
the middle EQ slider (2kHz???) is way down on the IIC+ as opposed to the VII.
The IIC+ does thump more

the middle EQ slider (2kHz???) is way down on the IIC+ as opposed to the VII.
The IIC+ does thump more

Even all the way down, it was more equivalent to the VII part way down. The EQ on the VII seemed to have more range on the sliders.

I think it sounds better in these videos. That comparison I was using a guitar in drop A. These are in D and E flat respectively…

Sounds sick. And big ups for the Chuck Schuldiner recognition

Death is always my go-to when trying out amps too.

Learning to cover all of symbolic and sound of pers was how i first learned to play guitar lol. the man's style spanned pretty much all necessary technique in metal guitar

Even all the way down, it was more equivalent to the VII part way down. The EQ on the VII seemed to have more range on the sliders.
I don‘t know, the VII was more honky with my speakers so I don‘t follow that logic.
it might be because that slider was too high, but it‘s a crappy (iPhone?) Recording anyway

Did you spend some time on channel one in crunch on the VII? You would be surprised how well it sounds for high gain tones.
I actually did spend a good amount of time on each channel on both amps. I enjoyed the JP2C+ across the board a bit more than the 7 but I want to give them both another shot

Back