Omega Granophyre v1.5

Honestly it sounds great. Really caught me by surprise. I got this the same time that I got the Uber Ultra and I figured I would love the UU and sell the Granophyre but my experience has been the exact opposite.

have
Honestly it sounds great. Really caught me by surprise. I got this the same time that I got the Uber Ultra and I figured I would love the UU and sell the Granophyre but my experience has been the exact oppos

Sup my man!! Have u ever playee an obsidian?

I’m really intrigued by this revision. They are planning to have people send their amps in to get the upgrade. That’s taking care of your people.

I’m also curious if any changes were made to the shift switch. My understanding is that it is two Negative Feedback settings. Although it is intentionally meant to be more of a difference in feel, than it is in sound, it would be nice to be able to gauge it which setting is correct because a lot of people can’t tell the difference between the two. This would bother me - more of a pet peeve than anything but I would fixate on that.

The Obsidian also gets the upgrade, and I wonder how it differs since they are voiced differently

I’m really intrigued by this revision. They are planning to have people send their amps in to get the upgrade. That’s taking care of your people.

I’m also curious if any changes were made to the shift switch. My understanding is that it is two Negative Feedback settings. Although it is intentionally meant to be more of a difference in feel, than it is in sound, it would be nice to be able to gauge it which setting is correct because a lot of people can’t tell the difference between the two. This would bother me - more of a pet peeve than anything but I would fixate on that.

The Obsidian also gets the upgrade, and I wonder how it differs since they are voiced differently
On my v1 Obsidian (which I hated, tbh) I couldn't tell any difference between the two voicing options. They sounded nearly identical. So maybe you're right that it was supposed to be a feel thing more than a sound thing.

On my v1.5 Granophyre (in the video), the Voicing switch actually makes a huge difference. When it's down it's much more Marshall sounding, with more upper mids and cut. When it's up it sounds a little more like a 5150, with more low mids and punch.

I just took the amp to a hangout yesterday with @pipboy90 and we both agreed that the amp sounds awesome and very unique. It's like a super modern Marshall. It is a *very* tight amp, even at louder volumes, almost "dry." I'm going to experiment with putting some compressors in front of it to give it a "juicier" feel.

I don't know if it's a "forever" amp; but, I really like it. It has a great, unique sound and feel that none of my other amps have.

Back