Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

My kind of thread.

My little spot the other night.

IMG-1522.jpg

dfypn3n.jpg

I have a similar counter top. Sunset something something from Brazil.
Thanks for posting, and welcome to Rig-Talk :yes:

dfypn3n.jpg

I have a similar counter top. Sunset something something from Brazil.
Thanks for posting, and welcome to Rig-Talk :yes:

Man, nothing makes me feel more at home than talking about some countertops. These are golden cascade out of South Africa. Since they are outside I have a guy come clean and seal them once a year.

Messican 'za:
MP.jpg

Refried beans and salsa as the base, taco meat, cheese. After this it got plated and topped with lettuce, tomato, salsa, black olives, sour cream and crushed doritos. Yummers.

Sourdough:
SD1.jpg

SD2.jpg

And the ridiculousness that is sourdough smoked gouda grilled cheese:
GC.jpg

Buttered both sides of the bread, tossed it into a medium hot pan insides down, flipped, topped each side with slices of smoked gouda, waited for it just to get melty, then snapped the halves together. Grilled cheese rarely gets called decadent, but motherfuckers, this is decadent grilled cheese. Didn't even need any ketchup or sauce. Just flavor packed beauty.

CMAT (Christmas Meat Acquisition Trip) - Status: Complete
The local stores typically have sales on rib roasts in December, so I oblige them. One will be carved into steaks, the other will be roasted whole with an appropriate salt & herb crust and served with a horseradish sauce. I have some in the family that don't like rib steak (them: "it's too fatty" - me: "that's where the flavor is, dumb ass"). So, I will carve the tenderloin into filets for the losers and use the trim pieces for award-winning chili and stir-fry...
Jesus Loves Meat.jpg

Great price on the Rib roast.
We have a oil less fryer (works off an LP tank) that cooks these mouth watering beauties .

...damn you. Now I want some

I deconstruct the turkey. I smoke the breast seperate but my favorite is the dark meat. Smoked at 275 3/4 cherry 1/4 oak @275 for 5 hours, pulled breast at 159 and wrapped and put in hotbox.. and let these roll to 180.

Attachments

• ABB77E33-F86D-4F05-A586-C394B3700FFB.jpeg
    ABB77E33-F86D-4F05-A586-C394B3700FFB.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 60
Doesn't matter; it still looks delicious.

The only thing that could ruin that, and just about any turkey dish IMHO, is if it turns out too-dry.

I know, right?

Lived in 2 wrong countries so far and plan to live a long time, so there's still time to make amends one day if you guys'll accept me. Florida beckons. :thumbsup:

Man, I need to get me some good steak again. It's been too long.

Sourdough buns:
SDB.jpg

One split open for tasting:
SDB2.jpg

Last batch of these was used for sammiches and burgers. For the burgers we'd split them open, butter them, then lay them in a pan until well seared, toss the burgers in while fixing up the buns with mayo, pickled jalapenos, onion, dijon mustard, ketchup, flip the burgers, toss on some sliced cheeses and cover, pull the fries that had been cooking the whole time and toss with some seasonings, then the burgers are done.

Wife also toasted a couple and had them with butter and jam. Basically, they're convenient single-serve sourdough loaves. Sometimes I'll just grab one and mow it down. Good eets.

Back