One of our own(Splatter) is fighting COVID 19 UPDATE 9/15/20

harddriver":289a8y4j said:
romanianreaper":289a8y4j said:
Man, this is really sad. I'm sure this is true but would be good to find out more information. I think it would be cool if we could help his family in some way either with donations or even just sending flowers or something.

I would be in for sending flowers or something.... Maybe we could all PP Spider Wars 10/20 bucks if he is willing and since he lives kinda close make sure a funeral arrangement be sent to his wake from all of his Rigtalk brothers. Just a thought.

Let me know if you guys want to do something.

Yes, absolutely I am in!! Just let me know. Let's do this fairly quick as his funeral is Saturday.

I just posted a message on his obituary page and in addition to sending condolences from his buddies on Rig-Talk, let them know that I contacted Curt at Chubtone Guitars and he has a guitar due to be completed in December. If for some reason the family can't pay for that guitar, we should chip in so his family can have that guitar. That would be one last awesome gift for his son to have delivered to him. I hope they reach out. My email is on the obituary and I put the Chubtone email address on there. I really hope Curt has a way to contact his family. If nothing else, some of you have his address and we can get it to him. We'll see how it goes. Just keep us posted on the flowers idea. I think that is a great way to say goodbye to him.

romanianreaper":1z1m0kxs said:
I just posted a message on his obituary page and in addition to sending condolences from his buddies on Rig-Talk, let them know that I contacted Curt at Chubtone Guitars and he has a guitar due to be completed in December. If for some reason the family can't pay for that guitar, we should chip in so his family can have that guitar. That would be one last awesome gift for his son to have delivered to him. I hope they reach out. My email is on the obituary and I put the Chubtone email address on there. I really hope Curt has a way to contact his family. If nothing else, some of you have his address and we can get it to him. We'll see how it goes. Just keep us posted on the flowers idea. I think that is a great way to say goodbye to him.

The guitar being completed and delivered to his family is such a cool gesture :rock: :rock: :rock: Members here should definitely buck up and make this happen...what a tribute :rock: :rock: :rock: I'll kick in...let us know!!!

romanianreaper":19rdza51 said:

I just read your tribute on the obituary page. It was very nice and thank you for doing that.

psychodave":2nxx6lg3 said:
This really sucks. I feel absolutely terrible about this news.
I'm at a loss for words but you summed my feelings up perfectly, Dave.

Terrible news. Just terrible. :cry:

I'm all for making this easier for the family but we should consider the possibility that the last thing the family wants is another guitar. They probably already have a lot of gear they have to move...one painful piece after another. I would think the guitar/parts could be repurposed.

Or maybe the guitar could be auctioned and anything over Chubtone's take could be donated.

I don't know, just don't want to put the family in a weird position. I would imagine 'guitar gear' is not very high on the list of importance. But I love the gesture.

Leave the family alone would be my advice.
I lost my Mom earlier this year and didn't want to talk to anyone.
This is bigger than this forum or a guitar.

SpiderWars":2fntohpe said:
I'm all for making this easier for the family but we should consider the possibility that the last thing the family wants is another guitar. They probably already have a lot of gear they have to move...one painful piece after another. I would think the guitar/parts could be repurposed.

Or maybe the guitar could be auctioned and anything over Chubtone's take could be donated.

I don't know, just don't want to put the family in a weird position. I would imagine 'guitar gear' is not very high on the list of importance. But I love the gesture.

I agree with Spiderwars here as well. I would say Curt at Chubtone should refund any downpayment he had on the guitar to the family as they are going to have funeral expenses and I know Tim had not been working for a while because of how sick he was with this asthma attack prior to the COVID diagnosis.

I seen they had a button to click to send flowers on the tribute section of the obituary just not sure if that the best way to get flowers to them. I would imagine money might help them more than flowers.

I'm still all in for sending a funeral arrangement I'm guessing 100-200 dollars for a nice one, just not sure on the logistics to get it there.

Thanks guys and you are absolutely right. If we can take that burden off them, get them a refund, etc. that is cool as well. I am up for any situation that makes this easier for them.

harddriver":bd7bfcgq said:
I agree with Spiderwars here as well. I would say Curt at Chubtone should refund any downpayment he had on the guitar to the family as they are going to have funeral expenses and I know Tim had not been working for a while because of how sick he was with this asthma attack prior to the COVID diagnosis.

I seen they had a button to click to send flowers on the tribute section of the obituary just not sure if that the best way to get flowers to them. I would imagine money might help them more than flowers.

I'm still all in for sending a funeral arrangement I'm guessing 100-200 dollars for a nice one, just not sure on the logistics to get it there.

Anyone interested in setting up the flower arrangement being sent? I can send money thru Paypal. I have paid thru Paypal but am not smart on Paypal as far as receiving money, so figured I can send if someone else knows how to do it. Let me know, I can send $50, $100, whatever. We can see if anyone else wants to chip in. I think $100-$200 is good like you mentioned for sure.

If I hear back from either Curt or the family and things go a certain direction with needing money, etc. we can take care of that separately. It may not even present itself and could already be taken care of.

Thanks guys for being supportive and open minded with this. He just seemed like such a great guy and deserves this. He would love seeing how everyone here has been on the forum with the tributes, etc.

CNutz":1y54g0dt said:
I'll send the arrangement.

This one looks nice for $70ish
https://south-canton-funeral-home.tribu ... &source=ot

I'll split it with you, or if others wan't to pitch in, we can split it multiple ways

Let me know

What do you guys think of this one, it is still in the American theme that you found Cnutz.
https://south-canton-funeral-home.tribu ... &source=ot

I'm in send me your paypal. If everyone throws in $20/25 bucks we could get a really nice one.

I'm good for whatever you need Chutz just send me your PP I'll send my part gift to you. THX! I imagine we need to get this together fast so whoever is in donating please do it quickly.

I'll PM you guys my paypal info.

We can shoot for the $150ish one. If we gather less, i'll get the lesser priced arrangement. or if we get over i'll go for an even larger one?

Probably need to cut off fund raising tomorrow noonish? so it can go out in time.

Also will someone write a sentiment to go on the card?

CNutz":1iwsptfa said:
I'll PM you guys my paypal info.

We can shoot for the $150ish one. If we gather less, i'll get the lesser priced arrangement. or if we get over i'll go for an even larger one?

Probably need to cut off fund raising tomorrow noonish? so it can go out in time.

Also will someone write a sentiment to go on the card?

Roger! Please send me a PM. I'll write something up for the card. If someone else writes something or if you want to adjust anything, etc. feel free. Thanks man!

Back