One of our own(Splatter) is fighting COVID 19 UPDATE 9/15/20

I just was made aware of this from romanianreapers email. The name rr provided me is not anyone we are building a guitar for. We aren't even building a guitar for anyone in the state rr told me he was from.

We will of course immediately refund his deposit to the family but we need to figure out who it is and if they have a build booked with us. I've been looking through emails and build sheets and am really confused at the moment. We will get this figured out though and of course my condolences to Splatter's family. This is so sad to see a long time RT member go like this.

Chubtone":2jgh6q4g said:
I just was made aware of this from romanianreapers email. The name rr provided me is not anyone we are building a guitar for. We aren't even building a guitar for anyone in the state rr told me he was from.

We will of course immediately refund his deposit to the family but we need to figure out who it is and if they have a build booked with us. I've been looking through emails and build sheets and am really confused at the moment. We will get this figured out though and of course my condolences to Splatter's family. This is so sad to see a long time RT member go like this.

Curt, I just replied to your email. Even though Splatter was having a guitar made and ordered the same time as me, he had it with another company. Sorry for the confusion on that dude. I have no idea where his guitar is being made. Here is his original message. Sorry for the confusion on him having a Chubtone ordered:

I ordered a guitar last week (from somewhere else) and I have a 14 to 18 week wait. Thats gonna be an eternity, I would hate to think what 6 months will be like.

I figured mine out and if its 18 weeks I should be getting it the week of Dec 7th. So yours is into 2021 :cry:

Also, I don't think the family will email me back about the guitar. If they do, I'll at least let them know that he has a guitar being built in case that other builder tries to call or message them. They might be completely unaware and would get a bill in the middle of all of this. Again Curt, sorry for the confusion.

Two arrangements have been sent, plus a tree will be planted in Tim's name.

Thanks everyone! You guy's really pulled through, and fast.

On a side note, I'm still getting requests to donate. Perhaps someone might take over, and head a funeral/expense fund?

CNutz":276zcb14 said:

On a side note, I'm still getting requests to donate. Perhaps someone might take over, and head a funeral/expense fund?

That's sounds great I like the idea of the tree in his name. Just PM how much you need for the arrangements.

CNutz":1s06z2o5 said:

You kick ass man, thanks! Appreciate everyone donating too!! I guess we'll kind of see where this goes. I say if people keep donating for a bit, take the money and collect it and if we are able to figure out how to reimburse his family, etc. for any type of expenses, we can. Money could go towards anything from the funeral to helping them for the time he was out of work (as mentioned before).

CNutz":13u7k76a said:

LOVE the tree idea!!!

halebox":1r2umqfw said:
fucking ventilators are killing people. rip splatter sorry
Covid is killing people.
We've had a decent number saved by vents.
Wish Splatter was one of em.
RIP

halebox":m8z68blm said:

Yeah like LPMojoGL said, some have helped folks. Splatter had some breathing issues before going in and definitely would have needed one. I think a lot of folks can go without them for sure but for some, unfortunately it is needed.

romanianreaper":2swjiquw said:
halebox":2swjiquw said:

Yeah like LPMojoGL said, some have helped folks. Splatter had some breathing issues before going in and definitely would have needed one. I think a lot of folks can go without them for sure but for some, unfortunately it is needed.
If a person needs a ventilator it’s because they cannot breathe on their own. Plain and simple.
RIP Tim

Racerxrated":3vbj7crq said:
romanianreaper":3vbj7crq said:
halebox":3vbj7crq said:

If a person needs a ventilator it’s because they cannot breathe on their own. Plain and simple.
RIP Tim

Exactly. If you need a ventilator you are very seriously ill, and unfortunately the survival rate once you get to that point with this stuff is low.

RIP :(

technomancer":3jwrs07u said:
Racerxrated":3jwrs07u said:
romanianreaper":3jwrs07u said:
halebox":3jwrs07u said:

RIP Tim

Exactly. If you need a ventilator you are very seriously ill, and unfortunately the survival rate once you get to that point with this stuff is low.

Yeah, unfortunately, the prognosis is grim for most Covid patients that progress to vent dependency. But we have had those that successfully recover and go home.
They have no chance without the vent, at that point.

Krull":2rscjf1p said:
Splatter said he was fighting pneumonia for a while...Actually he said it was a rare form of asthma which feels like pneumonia.

Either way he had serious lung issues prior to getting covid-19.

Yeah, I was talking with someone at work about him today. I think in the back of his mind he knew this was going to be a challenge due to his issues but seemed to be ready for whatever was going to happen.

technomancer":2fi2hi2o said:
Racerxrated":2fi2hi2o said:
romanianreaper":2fi2hi2o said:
halebox":2fi2hi2o said:

RIP Tim

Vents are very good as in it will basically breathe for you and takes the stress off the lungs, along with the muscles..etc and gives them chance to heal/get stronger. You can breathe on your own but might be put on a vent while getting meds to strengthen/heal what the breathing issues are. Those decisions are on a case by cases basis.
With Covid it seems if you have weakened lungs to begin with, it attacks furiously and even with the patient on a vent the lungs never have a chance to get stronger as they are so deteriorated from the initial attack and since there really isnt a proven drug it just keeps going . Then there is the problem with infection. Vents are not really a long term solution and after a few weeks the chance for infection goes up and up over time. It just sucks that so many people dont understand just how bad this virus is. Good thing is Splatter was out and never felt much if any pain after a certain point.

phil b":2qrn38g5 said:
technomancer":2qrn38g5 said:
Racerxrated":2qrn38g5 said:
romanianreaper":2qrn38g5 said:
halebox":2qrn38g5 said:

RIP Tim

Vents are very good as in it will basically breathe for you and takes the stress off the lungs, along with the muscles..etc and gives them chance to heal/get stronger. You can breathe on your own but might be put on a vent while getting meds to strengthen/heal what the breathing issues are. Those decisions are on a case by cases basis.
With Covid it seems if you have weakened lungs to begin with, it attacks furiously and even with the patient on a vent the lungs never have a chance to get stronger as they are so deteriorated from the initial attack and since there really isnt a proven drug it just keeps going . Then there is the problem with infection. Vents are not really a long term solution and after a few weeks the chance for infection goes up and up over time. It just sucks that so many people dont understand just how bad this virus is. Good thing is Splatter was out and never felt much if any pain after a certain point.

There is a proven drug - Hydroxychloroquine. Many doctors have used it to treat Covid with great success. It is actually great for curing a lot of things.

Back