People with multiple EQ pedals: why don't you just buy gear that sounds good?

yeah that's a normal use for one, and something they excel at

it's just at a certain point aren't you using the wrong amp? the wrong pedals? the wrong pickups? Because there's already a bunch of baxendall eqs, tone controls, and all sorts of EQ shaping devices (some parametric, some shelving, some graphic, etc etc)

At some point you are reaching a singularity
I would further your argument to include if you need a lot of eq in your recorded tone, you have a poorly recorded tone.
 
I would further your argument to include if you need a lot of eq in your recorded tone, you have a poorly recorded tone.

Yep, you guys would be scandalized by how little "EQ" I do on my recordings :hys:

Most of what I do is like high/low passing at key frequencies and shit like that
 
Yep, you guys would be scandalized by how little "EQ" I do on my recordings :hys:

Most of what I do is like high/low passing at key frequencies and shit like that
I have never eq'd outside of hi low pass to get rid of extreme freqs any recorded tone at all, just the final master eq on everything which is subtle.
 
I have never eq'd outside of hi low pass to get rid of extreme freqs any recorded tone at all, just the final master eq on everything which is subtle.

Yep. Most of the "EQ" is the natural tone of the guitar/pickups, amp, speakers, microphone

You are "EQing" your tone with every choice you make at ever point in your signal chain already, and its not like it magically just gets better the more things are in the chain. It gets worse the more shit that is in your signal chain.

Ask the dudes who came back to amp heads after having two fridges of racks - not that racks are bad at all, just that having THAT much bullshit never sounds as good as you think it does
 
Back
Top