People with multiple EQ pedals: why don't you just buy gear that sounds good?

Personally, I've never seen anyone with more than one or maybe two EQ's in their rig. Usually it's just one up front boosting or one in the loop shaping the tone a bit.

Yeah that's completely normal, or a completely normal use of EQ pedals.

I am talking about the 3-8 EQs on a board guys.
 
Similarly I've never seen those guys.

That's why I posted the video. And I have seen much worse than that in the wild.

I've seen 8-10 boards with between 4-6 eq pedals and a couple with even more than that. It's stupid.

Not as stupid as the people commenting about how EQ pedals are great and useful and either completely misunderstanding or just not reading any of the post, but very stupid nonetheless.
 
That's why I posted the video. And I have seen much worse than that in the wild.

I've seen 8-10 boards with between 4-6 eq pedals and a couple with even more than that. It's stupid.

Not as stupid as the people commenting about how EQ pedals are great and useful and either completely misunderstanding or just not reading any of the post, but very stupid nonetheless.
I also have never seen more than 2 in a rig and I expect most people haven't and thus the repeated echos of "I use 1 this way or 2 that way what is wrong with that?" EQ is the new Brawndo.
 
I also have never seen more than 2 in a rig and I expect most people haven't and thus the repeated echos of "I use 1 this way or 2 that way what is wrong with that?" EQ is the new Brawndo.

Well I mean most people here don't play gigs regularly so I guess that checks out

It started out as about the EQ pedals but now i'm severely concerned about the the general reading comprehension level of the entire forum
 
They don't ever read the OP's they just sound off.

Threads are just online conversations so they naturally drift. The original post is long in the dust by this point and nobody should expect it to be particularly relevant anymore. It got its point across and people discussed that in the first couple of pages.
 
1734060144746.jpeg
 
Threads are just online conversations so they naturally drift. The original post is long in the dust by this point and nobody should expect it to be particularly relevant anymore. It got its point across and people discussed that in the first couple of pages.

that's not what happened here.

The original point was completely missed by half of all responders in the first two pages
 
that's not what happened here.

The original point was completely missed by half of all responders in the first two pages

That's probably true, but also par for the course for online conversation in my experience. FWIW, I thought your point was clear and I agree with it, but I got nothing to add to it.
 
That's probably true, but also par for the course for online conversation in my experience. FWIW, I thought your point was clear and I agree with it, but I got nothing to add to it.

No, generally your first point is correct - generally people will be on topic for the first couple pages before it drifts. That's fine - it's just how it goes.

2/3 of the comments on the first two pages were people who didn't even read the post or watch the video saying "Nah bro EQ pedals are great, I use one as a boost"

Which thoroughly proves that they neither watched the video or read the post, and are completely retarded

Which, in turn, is wildly sobering concerning the intelligence level of most of the forum. I expect the drift after a couple of pages, this was something different.
 
2/3 of the comments on the first two pages were people who didn't even read the post or watch the video saying "Nah bro EQ pedals are great, I use one as a boost"
They did the same thing in my analog gear thread. Made it into a digital gear discussion after I specifically said I don't want to talk about digital crap and it wasn't meant to be a versus thread. But yeah anyways nothing wrong with one EQ pedal, smh. :LOL:
 
Back
Top