Picked up a Rev 2 today... LAME POS!

RJF

Aaaaaaaahh, gotchya... \:D/

Okay seriously yeah I picked up a rev 2 Uberschall #18X today. Very interesting amp, I found it to sound exactly like Lieb10's review on the revisions. Very dark, deep, bassy, and extremely heavy sounding. I pretty much found Lieb's settings to be pretty much where I landed, except that I do prefer it with a clean boost and run a touch more bass and a touch less gain than him. It's been 8 months or more since I sold my Twin Jet, but from what I can recall it's a toss up. I really liked my TJ, it was more aggressive and "in your face" sounding where this rev 2 is deeper, darker, and just evil sounding. Really awesome head though, it has such a wet saturated tone to it, yet has no fizz like a recto.
2015-11-04%2018.03.01_zps1tv6j0fi.jpg

2015-11-04%2018.39.36_zpscvialtwx.jpg

Sweet! Those settings are pretty close to how I run my Rev Blue. I've not had the chance to play a Rev 2, but one day I'll see what all the fuss is about. From clips I've heard I can dial in something pretty close on mine, but the general consensus seems to be that I'm missing out with the Rev Blue.

Glad "my" settings clicked with you. Try running it with the master volume higher too. ;)

leib10":kb24z6br said:
Glad "my" settings clicked with you. Try running it with the master volume higher too. ;)
I opened it up and floored it once or twice. ;)

It needs new tubes. IIRC, people were saying 6CA7's were the way to go? Anyone have info on how to bias these? I see the trim pot obviously, but where are the test points to get readings?

I prefer JJ E34L to the 6CA7's. Mine is a Rev Blue, but I found the bass response to be a lot more to my liking with the E34L's. The 6CA7's I tried were the EH ones. They sounded good but made the amp even darker and bassier.

Well, then maybe EL34L's it is then.

I have bad news guys, Adelknot is no longer with us. He read the title to this thread and his head exploded. :LOL: :LOL:

Well, according to a couple of guys on the Uberschall Facebook page, I have an original green, not a rev 2. Makes sense, the gain comes on immediately at about 9 o clock, and the clean channel is a lot quieter. Apparently there were more than 100 originals made.

Sup RJF?
MISSED ME? LOL
congratulations! that's a fucking serious Amps man!
How do you like the Rev2? still keeping your diesels? lol
Go with the EH tubes man!!!

Man you scared me for a second with the POS thing, lol. I second the JJ el-34L's great tube. If you want to brighten it up, try tung-sol el-34's,
they have a nice tight open tone to them. 3D tones are there with those easy. Kt-77's are a choice too, I have never tried them though, so I
cannot say for sure. Killer Amp, Evil as F@@@, I prefer the TJ though, more pissed off sounding, thrashy. \m/

Just made the payment on mine. Can't wait!! Have wanted one of these for years. Its got EL34's in it but I do plan to get the KT88 mod when money allows. Would definitely recommend that mod, the KT88 are amazing with this amp.

Ps you may need a longer cable for the tube screamer :LOL: :LOL:

The regular JJ EL34 would probably be a good match in this amp...NOT the E34L .... The E34L has more bass , I find the regular JJ EL34 to be smoother , tighter and have less bass. Im not saying the E34L sounds bad, it just might be too much bass

the4thlast1":3v41ry5i said:
The regular JJ EL34 would probably be a good match in this amp...NOT the E34L .... The E34L has more bass , I find the regular JJ EL34 to be smoother , tighter and have less bass. Im not saying the E34L sounds bad, it just might be too much bass

Weird, I've had the opposite experience. The regular JJ EL34s seemed flubbier and with more low end, and the E34Ls were tighter and more aggressive.

I'd have to agree on the EL34L's being tighter and more aggressive than the EL34. However in order of preference I prefer KT88 > 6CA7 > E34L > EL34. Also, no mod is necessary for KT88's if you are able to order them in a cool enough grade.

My favorite Metal amp of all time!!!! especially those ones that have Reinhold's mods.
El34L def tighter and more agressive.
I have tried them all.
The EH6CA7 are my favorite!! sounds HEAVY!!!!!!!!! brings all the evilness outta that amp.
Second choice would be the KT77.
third choice would be the EL34L.

Adleneknot":1nfyh8fu said:
My favorite Metal amp of all time!!!! especially those ones that have Reinhold's mods.
El34L def tighter and more agressive.
I have tried them all.
The EH6CA7 are my favorite!! sounds HEAVY!!!!!!!!! brings all the evilness outta that amp.
Second choice would be the KT77.
third choice would be the EL34L.
Gonna have to pick up some new bottles for mine now that it's back in my immediate proximity :rock:

I put JJ E34L's in mine back when I got the rev 2. Pretty happy with the way it sounds.

Back