Post Your Bogner Clips Here:

Just a short lead from this "MI staff takes over the green room" (which is owned by musician's institute) show we did last friday (lead singer is a voice teacher there). Unfortunately, they only mic'd vocals so the levels/tone are a little off plus the camcorder/youtube factor, lol. So with the excuses out of the way there ya go ;)

My Rev2 as recorded by my camcorder:
AnalogMan Bi-Chorus on all cleans. Solos boosted with a Timmy pedal set to clean. BYOC Fully Loaded Phaser used on Sex Type Thing. Morley Bad Horsie II used on Man in the Box.

Good example of how well the clean channel really sounds on the Uberschall after the 3-chord intro.
Warmoth chambered Mahogany/Quilt Maple Tele Maple neck and Ebony board, EMG 81/85 pups.

Let's get a little Crazy,.....
Gibson Les Paul Gothic EMG 81/85 pups.

Click, Click,.....
Ibanez RG7620 EMG 707 pups, SPC & EXG controls.

Sex Type Thing with a little grind,.....
Warmoth Mahogany/Flame Maple Carved Top Soloist Maple neck and board EMG 81/85 pups.

Man in the Box,.....
Gibson Les Paul Gothic EMG 81/85 pups.

Tracking a solo for a new song, using a 20th Anniversary XTC. My XTC-20th has EL34's but the loaner amp used in this video is the 6L6 version.

Wow, checked out the new PPM stuff and I really dig it! It's refreshing. Nice STP cover by the way. That was always one of my favorites on Purple. Slow is the older song that I was talking about earlier. Were around for that first album? -Jordan

glassjaw7":27dbepvm said:
Wow, checked out the new PPM stuff and I really dig it! It's refreshing. Nice STP cover by the way. That was always one of my favorites on Purple. Slow is the older song that I was talking about earlier. Were around for that first album? -Jordan

Jordan,

Thanks. "Slow" was before my time... but it is the song of ours that most people are familiar with. I joined the band in 2003, as the "Looking Through" album was being recorded. Personally, I think that "Slow" was a good song for it's time, and it did it's thing, but the new stuff is much, much better.

-Tom

1. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8791576 - Les Paul / Channel 2 / G12Ms
2. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8791591 - Les Paul / Channel 2 / G12T-75
3. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8791610 - Les Paul / Channel 1 / G12Ms
4. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8793221 - ESP Horizon NT-II / Channel 2 / G12Ms
5. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8793231 - ESP Horizon NT-II / Channel 1 / G12Ms

Uberschall Twin Jet clips after modding it for use with EL34s. In following the mantra, ignore the playing as they're just test clips!

TheMagicEight":34g4bd8l said:
Uberschall Twin Jet clips after modding it for use with EL34s.

Hold the phone! You guys are modding a Twin jet to use EL34's? Then what was all the talk about Uber's sounding great with KT-88's and hence the Twin jet with KT-88's was the ultimate Uber? Now, we're going back to a stock rev blue essentially.

emperor_black":l1lrzjuj said:
TheMagicEight":l1lrzjuj said:

Hold the phone! You guys are modding a Twin jet to use EL34's? Then what was all the talk about Uber's sounding great with KT-88's and hence the Twin jet with KT-88's was the ultimate Uber? Now, we're going back to a stock rev blue essentially.
:LOL: :LOL: :checkthisout:

emperor_black":2ngdvds2 said:
TheMagicEight":2ngdvds2 said:

Yeah, I liked the KT88s. They're huge sounding, very tight, and push out a ton of power. However, they had a midrange that was just a little "bland". Maybe with the new Uberkab it's the "ultimate Uberschall", but for me, EL34s were definitely the way to go.

Of course - as you guys are clearly pointing out - it's now going back on a key feature of the Twin Jet: the power tubes. Well, there are a few key differences between my Twin Jet and a Rev. Blue. First off, the most obvious one is the first channel. That alone makes the difference in price worth the extra money - for me - to go with the Twin Jet. I practically never play clean, and while I could use it once in a while, I have far more use for the low gain channel than a clean tone. This alone kills any debate on whether my putting EL34s in the amp is pointless or not and I should've gone with a Rev. 2 or Rev. Blue.

TBH though, I didn't buy this amp with channel 1 in mind. Channel 2 is now closer to the other Uberschalls, but let me be very clear in saying it's NOT identical and the differences are still quite pronounced. First off, my understanding is that ch 2 has been tweaked since Rev. Blue to get closer to the original Uberschalls. Second, the master presence and depth make a world of difference on this amp that you just couldn't get on the other versions. I can run bass as 2 - 3:00 and turn depth down, and now I've brought up low mids while keeping the lows in check. Or, I can bring channel presence and treble up, turn down master presence, and keep highs in check. It's not overly significant, but it does give a few more options in how to set the amp up. For me, this is awesome!

Lastly, the power section is still unique, even with EL34s. I believe the Rev. Blue had slightly lower plate voltage than previous versions. Mine is now around 530, which I imagine is closer to the original and Rev 2 Uberschall. Anyway, I probably spent about $400 more on this amp than I would have on a Rev. Blue, though I thought the Rev 2 Ubers went for a little more.... This amp really works for me, and even with EL34s, works better for me than any other version. My decision is justified!

So please, don't throw out pics of trannies / amp junkies that I myself painstakingly emailed to uncover faux auctions. :LOL: :LOL:

If you'll excuse me, I have an amp to shove up my nose! :thumbsup:

Back