Quick MGL clip, AIC content

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ricky Rockhardo
  • Start date Start date
Volume has to come way up! What I can hear sounds good, but the level is just super low.

You know honestly I like the lower volume clip. Amps typically don’t have any top end articulation in the gain character at super low volumes. They’re just saturated and dark with all of the voicing characterizations being messed up depending on what’s being done. This clip shows that it does well even at practice levels and no odd frequencies are sticking out or that it isn’t muffled.
 
You know honestly I like the lower volume clip. Amps typically don’t have any top end articulation in the gain character at super low volumes. They’re just saturated and dark with all of the voicing characterizations being messed up depending on what’s being done. This clip shows that it does well even at practice levels and no odd frequencies are sticking out or that it isn’t muffled.
I'm not talking about the volume of the amp. The output level of the posted clip is super low. Even with my power JBL monitors, I have to crank them to get any kind of volume.
 
I'm not talking about the volume of the amp. The output level of the posted clip is super low. Even with my power JBL monitors, I have to crank them to get any kind of volume.

It’s an iPhone in the room clip with the amp through a cabinet is it not? Or is it an IR load?

Either the phone is clipping and reduced the volume or it’s just super low from the amp to begin with. With iPhone clips there’s no way to increase volume post recording since there’s no daw.
 
It’s an iPhone in the room clip with the amp through a cabinet is it not? Or is it an IR load?

Either the phone is clipping and reduced the volume or it’s just super low from the amp to begin with. With iPhone clips there’s no way to increase volume post recording since there’s no daw.
Yeah, I know how phone clips work. There are plenty of phone clips all over this forum that are fine volume wise. Maybe an issue when uploading.
 

Similar threads

DanTravis62
Replies
155
Views
4K
chris lykins
C
S̷͖͑m̵͎͂á̵̺s̸͚̈́h̴̬̑
Replies
8
Views
537
RedB4Black
RedB4Black
Ricky Rockhardo
Replies
34
Views
3K
Ricky Rockhardo
Ricky Rockhardo
Back
Top