Random NAD

Dyllheaven88

A super random local find , but the price was good so I couldn’t pass it up . A dusty cobweb”d Jackson 50 watt jmp proto . Looks like a solid build . It’s blowing fuses so I need to take it in . But pretty cool piece of gear .
C126A1A8-13C6-4B6C-BBCA-F125732B1088.jpeg

Very cool! Is that Jackson as in Lee Jackson, or is it a proto of one of the guitar amps that Jackson Guitars put out back in the day. IIRC, one of them was actually manufactured by Laney? I'm not sure about the other one.

Those knobs look like the Crate Stealth knobs so I’m gonna bet this is a Lee Jackson amp. He worked with SLM designing the Stealth and Ampeg VLs. If it’s popping fuses it might be a bad EL34..throw another pair in and see.

Damn! thats cool! like to see some more pic's. Looks like #1 written on the 50w... maybe he was comparing the differences in other ones...

Matt

Similar but Jackson printed boards . Hoping to get it up and running in the next few weeks!

Attachments

• 5AA0C5BD-914C-4D62-9048-98F0DAAA00DB.jpeg
    5AA0C5BD-914C-4D62-9048-98F0DAAA00DB.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
Im
Dropping it off with Dave from
Friedman. Amps this weekend , but I was planning on sending lee an email asking him what’s the story with this thing , def a cool little piece of rock history haha

So it turns out it’s a proto of Jackson guitars amp line from back in the 80s have no clue of the dna besides it looks like Marshall esque build , I know the Jackson guitar amps are rare enough so who knows what’s going on with this proto type haha

The PCB look like from something already produced, with the pots mounted on it. Probably was a proto of a new version of it.

The layout is the same
misc3a.jpg

There is a local full JCM 800 stack (2 4x12s) Metaltronix modded (with original receipt from 1988) about a mile from me, but they are asking a bit much. I am going to check it out this week anyway :)

The PCB look like from something already produced, with the pots mounted on it. Probably was a proto of a new version of it.

The layout is the same
misc3a.jpg
They don’t sound bad just looked il
A few YouTube demos . But no clue of who designed or what the amps inspiration is ?

That would be the Ampeg stuff....molex connectors and all. A Metaltronix JCM 800 is simply a Lee Jackson modded 800. My first modded Marshall was a LJ modded 2204. Great sounding amp...retained the most 'Marshall' out of any modded Marshall I've owned.
Yeah I just have PTSD from the VL series hahaha

Back