Rant - Rick Beato is a douchecake

I think Rick Beato's channel is legit. I don't agree with every little thing he says, but music theory, experience in the industry, etc, is all very interesting and informative to listen to.

My girlfriend and I went down the rabbit hole of his "Top 20 Best" lists last week, and even she, who is highly critical of most of the music related youtube channels I watch, found it really entertaining and enjoyed the explanation of the theory behind the songs.

petejt":ckxkjq47 said:
... once a "YouTuber" starts doing the choppy quick cut editing, the forced swearing, the beggings and pleadings for 'likes' and 'subscribes', and they get recommended to me every time I visit the YouTube website no matter what I am searching for or watching, I tune out from them and boycott their content.
Amen to that, brother. :yes:

Never considered checking out Steely Dan until I saw Ricks Aja drum appreciation vid. Now I fricken love them.
Thanks Mr Beato , you privileged white dude!

UltraGary":39yw3vio said:
I've been searching high & low on YouTube for people who just sh*t on other peoples' progress without showing anything of their own, but can't seem to find anything. (I even searched 'douchcakes') Do such people actually do anything to show online?...or do they just talk smack? Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Reminds me of all the thumbs-downers on world class, mind-blowing performances on YouTube. I'd be willing to bet that not a ONE of them has ever posted-up their shit. Just as not a single one of the shit-talkers on this forum (or others) has ever posted up their shit when I've stated "please post up your own stuff so that we may give adequate weight to your opinion, based your knowledge and skills". Never been done. Funny how that is.

To be fair, it' possible to have impeccable taste and not be able to play for shit, but your point is well-made I reckon, mate.

How someone could vote down a world-class performance is beyond me. I can only guess that such peeps don't have a musical bone in their bodies.

Monkey Man":13p9jw3s said:
To be fair, it' possible to have impeccable taste and not be able to play for shit, but your point is well-made I reckon, mate.

How someone could vote down a world-class performance is beyond me. I can only guess that such peeps don't have a musical bone in their bodies.

I actually don't thumb down individual people at all. If I don't like it I go on to the next video. YMMV. As much as I can't stand some youtubers, I don't like downing people.

Monkey Man":1i54ue94 said:
petejt":1i54ue94 said:
... once a "YouTuber" starts doing the choppy quick cut editing, the forced swearing, the beggings and pleadings for 'likes' and 'subscribes', and they get recommended to me every time I visit the YouTube website no matter what I am searching for or watching, I tune out from them and boycott their content.
Amen to that, brother. :yes:

Word.

:yes: :cheers:

swamptrashstompboxes":14ay2ize said:
I actually don't thumb down individual people at all. If I don't like it I go on to the next video. YMMV. As much as I can't stand some youtubers, I don't like downing people.
Same here. If one's been trodden on sufficiently in life it should be a no-brainer, automatic M.O. to not want to do this to others. The good ol' Golden Rule™.

Monkey Man":2p7uvgbz said:
:yes: :cheers:

swamptrashstompboxes":2p7uvgbz said:
Same here. If one's been trodden on sufficiently in life it should be a no-brainer, automatic M.O. to not want to do this to others. The good ol' Golden Rule™.

:cheers: it all comes back to the golden rulee.

I just don't feel the need to spread negativity. More than enough people do that, I don't think they need another.

Yeah I never slam some ones vids. If I didn't care for it I just moved on. :thumbsup:

I posted tons of crap vids of me and my drummer jamming. I never ever expected nothing. Thumbs up is cool.
But slam me if you don't care for it? That's your choice. I am the one that posted it and I don't live in a "Safe Place" :LOL: :LOL:
Like other former jackass users here did. "You cant SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT MY POSTS!!" :LOL: :LOL:
I will SUE RIG TALK!!!
Older members know what I am talking about ;)

Do I smell PIZZA cooking? :D

swamptrashstompboxes":1u5usk28 said:
:cheers: it all comes back to the golden rulee.

I just don't feel the need to spread negativity. More than enough people do that, I don't think they need another.
Amen and Amen, brother.

Mailman1971":1u5usk28 said:
I am the one that posted it and I don't live in a "Safe Place" :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: Time for the ol' chestnut, Dan:

swamptrashstompboxes":2xgqetb6 said:
Monkey Man":2xgqetb6 said:

Yup, I've thumbs-upped countless vids! Even ones that didn't do much for me, but that it was obvious there was talent there. But never a thumbs--down. There are so many faceless, miserable shit-talkers on the web. One that set me off was that guy totally trashing Pete Thorn here in a thread (knowing that Pete posts here). I was like "WHO THE BLUE FUCK ARE YOU??? Post up your shit!" I don't believe any shit was posted. Because he knew that all he had to offer was shit. If I didn't dig Pete's thing (I DO!!!) I just would have moved on, instead of trashing a guy who's done it bigger than just about any here, and seems like a geniunely nice/helpful/humble dude. Pete's YouTuber convention vid with Phil X was friggin AWESOME.

It's like the guys on TGP trashing Bonamassa, knowing he posted there. I'd bet all the gear I've ever owned that not a single one of them has an ounce of his talent or work ethic. If ya don't like him... does it make you look good to trash a player of that stature? There are famous people who don't really deserve the hype, but these two players are not them. Just pure jealousy.

IIRC that was randyleewylde, A.K.A. Romeo Rose.

The thread was, "The Gear Page Ban", but it was deleted during the last big OT clearout.

I have a PDF of page 2 of that thread, but I won't quote Randy directly 'cause he it'll derail things here. Suffice it to share these quotes from it:

JimmyBlind:
I don't think I've read this level of unnecessary vitriol in any music forum ever.

Dan:
Good bye Randylee. Here’s your ‘get the fuck out ban’.

Says it all.

Monkey Man":2bheogdv said:
IIRC that was randyleewylde, A.K.A. Romeo Rose.

The thread was, "The Gear Page Ban", but it was deleted during the last big OT clearout.

I have a PDF of page 2 of that thread, but I won't quote Randy directly 'cause he it'll derail things here. Suffice it to share these quotes from it:

JimmyBlind:
I don't think I've read this level of unnecessary vitriol in any music forum ever.

Dan:
Good bye Randylee. Here’s your ‘get the fuck out ban’.

Says it all.

Nice! My jaw was on the floor with the shit he was talking. It's like he'd stopped taking meds or something.

Yup; it was shockin', mate.

John Suhr actually sent Romeo a bottle of 2009-vintage Dom Perignon, calling for a truce and asking him to delete the video he'd posted on YouTube about Pete. Romeo obliged and removed it.

Monkey Man":2cz6fql9 said:
Yup; it was shockin', mate.

John Suhr actually sent Romeo a bottle of 2009-vintage Dom Perignon, calling for a truce and asking him to delete the video he'd posted on YouTube about Pete. Romeo obliged and removed it.

Holy hell! Damn... I've never owned a Suhr (more of an Anderson guy), but that's friggin CLASS right there. I've certainly looked at his amps and guitars and knowing that makes me want to buy a Suhr at some point.

Yeah, John's all-class from what I can tell.

Love Suhrs. If I had the money, his geetars would be all I'd buy. :m17:

Monkey Man":3i7ubtcu said:
Yeah, John's all-class from what I can tell.

Love Suhrs. If I had the money, his geetars would be all I'd buy. :m17:

I had posession of an H-S-S classic strat of his for a couple of weeks (that I sold here). It was awesome and flawless in fit/finish but felt a bit stiff to me. I should give em another chance.

Back