Rant - Rick Beato is a douchecake

Red_Label":ojwnhq03 said:
I had posession of an H-S-S classic strat of his for a couple of weeks (that I sold here). It was awesome and flawless in fit/finish but felt a bit stiff to me. I should give em another chance.
Could have been the strings if you didn't change 'em.

IIRC they come with those fancy-assed D'Addario NYXLs, which sound bright for a long time but are expensive and stiff-feeling.

Monkey Man":1c2jyo4n said:
Could have been the strings if you didn't change 'em.

IIRC they come with those fancy-assed D'Addario NYXLs, which sound bright for a long time but are expensive and stiff-feeling.

This was probably at least 3-4 years ago. It was a friend's and he offered it to me at a great price ($1300 I think). I'm sure he'd changed strings at least several times... though it was minty. I just wasn't into it at the time. So I sold it here for him IIRC.

I know for sure they installed the NYXLs 3 years ago, but 4... I dunno.

Anyway, I can tell you that those suckers are stiff at any given gauge compared to what you'd expect or be used to. I routinely advise folks to go down a notch (like from 10s to 9s) when auditioning those puppies.

Red_Label":24gifq2n said:
UltraGary":24gifq2n said:
I've been searching high & low on YouTube for people who just sh*t on other peoples' progress without showing anything of their own, but can't seem to find anything. (I even searched 'douchcakes') Do such people actually do anything to show online?...or do they just talk smack? Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Reminds me of all the thumbs-downers on world class, mind-blowing performances on YouTube. I'd be willing to bet that not a ONE of them has ever posted-up their shit. Just as not a single one of the shit-talkers on this forum (or others) has ever posted up their shit when I've stated "please post up your own stuff so that we may give adequate weight to your opinion, based your knowledge and skills". Never been done. Funny how that is.

Though my content is hardly world class or mind-blowing, I've had some rather nasty comments on my YouTube page. I just delete them. Or, if they are really bad, I report the comment to YT. Every time I check the commenters YT channels they have zero content.

Same was true for some of the Facebook groups I used to belong to. And it's not just music/guitar oriented material either.

Monkey Man":23jt7hwh said:
I know for sure they installed the NYXLs 3 years ago, but 4... I dunno.

Anyway, I can tell you that those suckers are stiff at any given gauge compared to what you'd expect or be used to. I routinely advise folks to go down a notch (like from 10s to 9s) when auditioning those puppies.

Good to know. I've never knowingly tried NYXLs.

Dick Butter Nuts":3c1jhr2s said:
Red_Label":3c1jhr2s said:
UltraGary":3c1jhr2s said:
I've been searching high & low on YouTube for people who just sh*t on other peoples' progress without showing anything of their own, but can't seem to find anything. (I even searched 'douchcakes') Do such people actually do anything to show online?...or do they just talk smack? Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Reminds me of all the thumbs-downers on world class, mind-blowing performances on YouTube. I'd be willing to bet that not a ONE of them has ever posted-up their shit. Just as not a single one of the shit-talkers on this forum (or others) has ever posted up their shit when I've stated "please post up your own stuff so that we may give adequate weight to your opinion, based your knowledge and skills". Never been done. Funny how that is.

Though my content is hardly world class or mind-blowing, I've had some rather nasty comments on my YouTube page. I just delete them. Or, if they are really bad, I report the comment to YT. Every time I check the commenters YT channels they have zero content.

Same was true for some of the Facebook groups I used to belong to. And it's not just music/guitar oriented material either.

I don't doubt that. There are just nasty, miserable people who hide behind the veil of internet anonimity. They're the reason that many of us regular people even setup anonymous user names in the first place. Stupid childish games.

Mailman1971":2pqqdfw2 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2pqqdfw2 said:
What kind of cheese?
The cheese is REZA
And man it’s bitter and stinks. :LOL: :LOL: (old members know)
:D
The cheese screams it’s number 1!!
But smells like 2.
:LOL: :LOL:

I know lol. I was here a bit a long time ago for that, that was right around the HC fallout, wasn't it?

Red_Label":2nsehhcg said:
Dick Butter Nuts":2nsehhcg said:
Red_Label":2nsehhcg said:
UltraGary":2nsehhcg said:

I don't doubt that. There are just nasty, miserable people who hide behind the veil of internet anonimity. They're the reason that many of us regular people even setup anonymous user names in the first place. Stupid childish games.

Dick, I like your content and sub on one of my channels.?

I don't slam people.

I just suck at editing video and never do it. Shit takes work, and I appreciate that.

I hate the bullshit that people do. I don't get a high off of taking the wind out of their sails.

swamptrashstompboxes":2mkqi81y said:
Mailman1971":2mkqi81y said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2mkqi81y said:
What kind of cheese?
The cheese is REZA
But smells like 2.

I know lol. I was here a bit a long time ago for that, that was right around the HC fallout, wasn't it?
It was years back. :LOL: :LOL:
Think he almost died patting himself on the back sucking his own dick.
Thank god emergency rescue revived him.
Crying shame. Guy was a good member until he couldn’t learn to play with
Others.

swamptrashstompboxes":4qm8fego said:
Red_Label":4qm8fego said:
Dick Butter Nuts":4qm8fego said:
Red_Label":4qm8fego said:
UltraGary":4qm8fego said:

Dick, I like your content and sub on one of my channels.?

I don't slam people.

I just suck at editing video and never do it. Shit takes work, and I appreciate that.

I hate the bullshit that people do. I don't get a high off of taking the wind out of their sails.

Thanks man, I appreciate that! I'm not good at editing video either. I can trim off the beginning and the end of a vid and that is about it. Good enough for dungeon cam and burnout vids!

When it comes to other peoples vids I keep it positive or move on to something else. Like you, I appreciate the work that is put into it

I guess I'm an old guy, because I've loved Steely Dan music since I was in my early teens. You may never get Steely Dan music past the "...that's not metal!" crowd, but, I believe no one is beyond discovery. I recall that it took some time to get a bandmate to appreicate David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" recordings. When he discovered that Mick Ronson was a huge inspiration on Randy Rhoads, he began talking like he'd been a life-long fan. :LOL: :LOL:

controlled_voltage":2uw7a78j said:
First rant here for me ! :rock:

yes i realize the entire planet is on this guy's dick...hard
sure he knows theory
BUT
he is a pompous arrogant dick and it comes across in almost every video.
watch a few live videos and it's so evident as he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate
and
his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable, and he thinks he's great.
No "dumbass" i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate to the serfs about how to use the mode.

Compare his playing ANY real artist like paul gilbet, chris poland, kossof,.beck, aldrich, holdsworth etc ________ fill in the blank fave of yours and it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc.

there are HUGE gaps in his musical knowledge
he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him
he has no knowledge of funk/soul/bossa/reggae/ international music
his djent lesson is a bad joke
his entire foundation is classical guitar and FM rock and it's fucking lame
i don't need a another privileged "white bro "telling me how great steely dan is.
yes i realize no one is forcing me to watch him
but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!

Here ya go bud. I can also pull up a picture of the human body and you can show us where Rick hurt you.

Attachments

• butthurt-report-form-VViF7n.jpg
    butthurt-report-form-VViF7n.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,393
Mailman1971":1ewrymvf said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1ewrymvf said:
Mailman1971":1ewrymvf said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1ewrymvf said:
What kind of cheese?
The cheese is REZA
But smells like 2.

Others.

Reza was a bit pompous and I didn't care for his vids but . . . .You mean he was a good member until someone (or multiple people) made some below the belt comments (I believe about his ethnicity and some stereo typical religion comments always follow) and he lost his shit cause no one here police's anything. But yeah I agree with that then. RT has been a dumpest fire for the last 5+ years. Seems like after Rockstah died this place went to shit with hacks who replace wisdom with knowledge then replace knowledge with facts, then replaced knowledge with facts, then replace facts with information then replaced information with opinions. And finally we are here at 2020 where guitar info on a guitar forum has been replaced by personal policitcs. Brilliant!

I think his videos are mostly pretty good. I met him at a Plini show and he was nice enough.

Steely Dan made a ton of songs and most of them suck...but they have a few really good ones.

ButtonPusher":2cij94yd said:
Mailman1971":2cij94yd said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2cij94yd said:
Mailman1971":2cij94yd said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2cij94yd said:
What kind of cheese?
The cheese is REZA
But smells like 2.

Others.

Reza was a bit pompous and I didn't care for his vids but . . . .You mean he was a good member until someone (or multiple people) made some below the belt comments (I believe about his ethnicity and some stereo typical religion comments always follow) and he lost his shit cause no one here police's anything. But yeah I agree with that then. RT has been a dumpest fire for the last 5+ years. Seems like after Rockstah died this place went to shit with hacks who replace wisdom with knowledge then replace knowledge with facts, then replaced knowledge with facts, then replace facts with information then replaced information with opinions. And finally we are here at 2020 where guitar info on a guitar forum has been replaced by personal policitcs. Brilliant!

Tripstan, you still melting down? Calm down, things can only get better!

ButtonPusher":330c3qwd said:
Mailman1971":330c3qwd said:
swamptrashstompboxes":330c3qwd said:
Mailman1971":330c3qwd said:
swamptrashstompboxes":330c3qwd said:
What kind of cheese?
The cheese is REZA
But smells like 2.

Others.

nah that was one person who made some comment and he was banned asap. but that was not good enough.

mrlucky":2njb6t25 said:
I recently discovered this guy. His lesson channel is awesome. Check out the chords of Van Halen...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnCL5A ... dOQ/videos

For lick/riff based content I really like brewsters channel. And for theory based content I enjoy Adam Neely's channel alongside Rick Beato's.

I have tried to like Steeley Dan, at least every year or two I try multiple listenings to AjA and a couple other albums. Even though I recognize the work and value in the music, it doesn't do anything for me besides kinda bore me. I find I need some aggressive shade to balance out smooth mellow mood of certain music; and Steeley Dan lacks what I require. Doesn't invalidate or dismiss the music, just removes it from my list of choices that I draw from.

Back