Rant - Rick Beato is a douchecake

Monkey Man":opiautd9 said:
To be fair, it' possible to have impeccable taste and not be able to play for shit, but your point is well-made I reckon, mate.

How someone could vote down a world-class performance is beyond me. I can only guess that such peeps don't have a musical bone in their bodies.

But what is impeccable taste? :) Since it is so subjective?
A taste that is similar to our own? Or the appreciation of a job well done, even if you don't like the style/genre etc? Your second paragraph makes me think that's the case :)

that "Holding Back the Years" guy used to hang out at my apartment's pool back in the late 80's while he was dating a model that lived there (Dee Erbug - now Dee Ocleppo Hilfiger).

Hadn't thought about that in forever.

Goat":3sh2y35x said:
I enjoy these songs as well...

Yeah, I'm a mess. :)

LPMojoGL":20zv8aa3 said:
I enjoy his “what makes this song great” videos.
When he plays out the chords on his keyboard, has been eye-opening to me what makes some of those
songs work on different levels.
His Les Paul is a black Classic like mine. Wish I knew what pickups he uses.

He has a custom set of Mission Custom pickups wound by someone in California.

Rick is an aquatints of mine. I met him years ago and sold him some drums. He invited me to hang in his studio and answered every dumb question I had. I’ve followed his channel since day one and his “what makes this song great” videos are awesome. I think the reason he doesn’t talk a lot about Djent is because Djent is gay...

I gave Rick $150 for a half hour schedule conversation. Unfortunately and unsuccessfully attempting a meeting I requested a refund after seven (7) days. I was quickly refunded the money which shows his honesty. I guess that he is just a busy man. After all that I still bought his book and strongly believe in its value. So please do not be so hard on the guy. Stay well! :eek:)

Stramm8":1yq6vh2l said:
Rick is an aquatints of mine.
Eh...
He's one of these? ;)
71122.png

let me explain a bit more on this:

he did a drum special on "origins of the drum shuffle.
on IG i merely pointed out in a very non threatening anecdotal way that he left out a few major legends that contributed to the shuffle that predated Bernard Purdie.

ie- The incredible earl palmer who was one of THE first boom bap /R& B groove shuffle drummers ever in the early 1950's.

I also pointed out the legends Jabbo starks and Clyde Stubbenfield from the JB's band.

Rick took serious offense to this and called me a "Dumb Ass" and blocked me from is instagram feed
Boo Fucking Hoo
Really?
no exchange of info allowed with this guy.
I will contest that this dork's knowledge is not that deep.is limited to his cliched FM AOR rock roots and he is a full on cunt.
The end.

controlled_voltage":2sbqge1i said:
let me explain a bit more on this:

he did a drum special on "origins of the drum shuffle.
on IG i merely pointed out in a very non threatening anecdotal way that he left out a few major legends that contributed to the shuffle that predated Bernard Purdie.

ie- The incredible earl palmer who was one of THE first boom bap /R& B groove shuffle drummers ever in the early 1950's.

I also pointed out the legends Jabbo starks and Clyde Stubbenfield from the JB's band.

Rick took serious offense to this and called me a "Dumb Ass" and blocked me from is instagram feed
Boo Fucking Hoo
Really?
no exchange of info allowed with this guy.
I will contest that this dork's knowledge is not that deep.is limited to his cliched FM AOR rock roots and he is a full on cunt.
The end.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how it all went down. :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

DojoMojo":2lw6oe9u said:
I gave Rick $150 for a half hour schedule conversation. Unfortunately and unsuccessfully attempting a meeting I requested a refund after seven (7) days. I was quickly refunded the money which shows his honesty. I guess that he is just a busy man. After all that I still bought his book and strongly believe in its value. So please do not be so hard on the guy. Stay well! :eek:)
Rick, is that you?

All I know of him, is from his videos obviously.
One thing is for sure, he is some guitarist. Pretty damm skilled in theory and application. Steve Vai even had praise for him.

ElectricVoodoo":kgy6kgvt said:
All I know of him, is from his videos obviously.
One thing is for sure, he is some guitarist. Pretty damm skilled in theory and application. Steve Vai even had praise for him.
Yep, the dude has a ton of knowledge about a lot of things music from playing to producing and everything in between. And I'm still amazed at his kid blurting out the complex chords when he would hear those closely spaced clusters of notes in the Perfect Pitch videos.

Back