Why do some people rag on Rick Beato?

No shit huh.:confused:
I was kind of joking. But TBH, the first time I heard about him was seeing a signature Gibson DC. I still don't know what his involvement in the industry is. Seems like so many people come out of the blue. Kind of reminds me of the band "The Killers" from the 00s. They were like like biggest thing in the world for a few years (for the young crowd of the time) and come to find out they were from my town of the time and no one in the local scene knew of them or had heard of them prior to billoard/mtv. Mostly because they never gigged and earned their stripes or whatever. They were just basically created out of thin air.

I fully respect his encyclopedic knowledge base of what makes good music tick but simultaneously baffled at how shockingly bad and mundane his 90's band 'Billionaires" was. That band's music was so utterly BANAL (tm) that they never would've made it even with the maximum record label and industry push.
This is pretty common though. Look at WVH and Dave Grohl. Grohl says all the right things, was buds with the Godfather and puts out the most safe, radio friendly shit you’ve ever heard. They’re full of shit if they think I’m believing that music is what really satisfies them apart from their accountant.

“Hi I’m Dave. I’ll be a talking head, sage on whatever semi-doc you’re doing about a classic punk, Indy or metal band or time period you want, but I’ll never write or play music that any of these bands wouldn’t laugh at or spit on if I was making it when they were around. Cashing checks bitches.”

This is pretty common though. Look at WVH and Dave Grohl. Grohl says all the right things, was buds with the Godfather and puts out the most safe, radio friendly shit you’ve ever heard. They’re full of shit if they think I’m believing that music is what really satisfies them apart from their accountant.

“Hi I’m Dave. I’ll be a talking head, sage on whatever semi-doc you’re doing about a classic punk, Indy or metal band or time period you want, but I’ll never write or play music that any of these bands wouldn’t laugh at or spit on if I was making it when they were around. Cashing checks bitches.”
I REALLY want to love Foo Fighters. and that 2nd album was legit, clicked all the right boxes. But man, i don't know what it is but it doesn't do it for me after that.

Public service announcement for those who don't wish a channel to be recommended or come up in their YouTube feed. This video below shows how to do it in the app, but works exactly the same way in a web browser.
In Apple TV if you just hold down the select button on a video or a couple seconds, the same menu pops up and you can choose to remove channels that way too.

Well the suggestion are still kind of forced on you (unless you help profiling yourself and block some channels. but who logs in anyway?).
Well they don't have to CLICK with default autoplay as you claimed, but they actively need to stop autoplay, if they even know that option exists. And everytime you clear your cookies you have to do it again.
Maybe "forced" is not the correct word but it's at least pushed to them. It's a bit hairsplitting on your part, in my opinion.
I am also annoyed/fed up with the thumbnails pics of a lot of suggested videos from those youtube clowns. It's not enough to raise my heartbeat or blood pressure , but still...

I don’t think it’s hairsplitting when there’s a definition for the word “force” and it means a specific thing.

There’s millions of words in the English language that can be used to perfectly define and describe a situation, hyperbole has gotten a bit out of hand in the last several years and I don’t think it’s a bad thing to not rely on it to make a point.

Trust me, I’m fucking SICK of hearing the same ToneTalk episodes because my autoplay keeps playing the VH Tribute episode and the JEL episode for some reason, I’ve seen them both more than once all the way through, it keeps fucking playing them. I always leave history docs playing in the background when I go in my studio and when they end, it goes to one of those ToneTalk episodes and I have to get up and change it.

But I’m still not forced to watch them.

Back