Why do some people rag on Rick Beato?

JohnnyGtar

I don't understand why some people rag on Rick Beato.

Dude is a musical encyclopedia, educator, plays his ass off on several instruments, he's a producer, engineer and does the best in-depth interviews with legendary musicians and others in the music business that I've ever encountered.

I wish Donn Landee would consent to an interview with Rick. It would be amazing.

By all accounts, he's a nice human being.

He doesn't have to share his knowledge, but he does that. I've learned a lot thanks to him. His "Beato book" is a gold mine in musical education.

I don't see anyone else who comes close to what he's accomplishing.

His band Billionaire was signed to a major label.

Oh, and he co-wrote a song that sold over 1 million copies.

Show me anyone else who has done what he's doing. I can't think of any.

Damn right I'm a fan. No apologies for that.

Envy? From a 10,000ft view he sits and bullshits about music like we all do, but gets paid youtube revenue and gets to meet celebrities. Looks easy and people hating on him most likely think they can do better.

In reality, he makes well thought out videos and introspections on music. The way he is in interviews gets these celebrities/musicians to let their guard down and it makes for some really interesting insights. I don't like all his stuff, but whenever a topic piques my interest it's always a decent watch.

Just watched his Michael MacDonald interview last night....1/2 of it. I like his interviews. He usually asks good questions....and I've learned about chord charts and studio pros. It's good info.

I enjoy watching him, but to each their own. I think he doesn’t get money from any videos where he plays copyrighted tunes, the label or artist claim it, does most on his lessons you can buy.

Anyway, I think it’s just human nature. It’s hard to build something, lots easier to tear down.

Most of his stuff is great and I enjoy what he brings to the table in the way of interviews, insight, and education. Ingysteen Malmateen and Paul Gilbert and Nuno were great to watch.

That being said, I hate the top 10 stuff he does that has glaring omissions but somehow always includes Kid fucking Charlemagne no matter the category of the top 10.

I like his channel too....not every artist is my thing..but the dude genuinely seems to want to advocate for musicians and music culture and education... and help right the ship from the musical "idiocracy" that culture wants to go in....He gives great interviews to many of my fav. guitarists(like Paul, Tony...Yng, JP and stuff like Gambale/ talks Holdsworth/VH and various and more) as well as new talent and gives respect to many genres. It's awesome he does that, I don't get the hate either. So what if he makes a living doing music related things...who wouldn't want to do that!?! People bitch too damn much, best unplug from this mf and go practice more instead of exposing yourself to it.

Cannot stand him. His musical knowledge and skills are fine but his interviewing is hard to watch for me. Has nothing to do with envy or jealousy just his approach and on camera act is not good for me. Does get the top shelf players to interview I just wish Rick was off camera.

I don't understand why some people rag on Rick Beato.

Dude is a musical encyclopedia, educator, plays his ass off on several instruments, he's a producer, engineer and does the best in-depth interviews with legendary musicians and others in the music business that I've ever encountered.
Those things are exactly why I hate him to the very corpse of my being. Actually those are just excuses I use but it's the hair that actually gets me. He's like a Jimmy Jonson wannabe except he ain't coaching the cowboys and he has had a few hairs out of place in his vids and that's something Jimmy would never let happen, ever. Shame on you Rick.

Actually I don't get it either Johnny. I'm not a super fan or anything but I watched a few of his videos. A really good one with Yngwie, and I watched the Bonamassa one as well, also very very excellent. He seems like a professional, sensible dude and he actually knows how to shut his yap and let the person he is interviewing talk. He asks questions that really open up the interview to more of a comfortable, personal interaction.

I dunno, maybe people just hate him cause his last name is Beat-o, that does have a ring to it that might attract negative attention from some drunk guitarist with cabin fever and a chrome book. I grew up in a place where last names were your only name and I can't see it being an easy ride if you lived among those people with his last name and now there is internet so.... Like Gazzo in Rocky said, "some guys, they just hate for no reason". Truth.

Wasn't he an undisclosed shill a while back before he adopted the interview format he has now? I believe that's where the hate stems from.

Well the one with the string gauges was kind of stupid.
I watched some good interviews, but sometimes i get the feeling he is stating the obvious.
I am not a child, or stupid (me thinks).

Every public person will be ragged!

Back