I passed psychology in high school with a decent grade cause I liked the Allman Bros. Once the teacher knew I approved of his music I could get away with anything. I then brought my Band of Gypsys cassette and sealed the deal.
I passed psychology in high school with a decent grade cause I liked the Allman Bros. Once the teacher knew I approved of his music I could get away with anything. I then brought my Band of Gypsys cassette and sealed the deal.
Dickie is an excellent guitarist, very melodic. I used to gig with a guy who loved Duane more than any other player. Someone told him he reminded him exactly of Dickey Betts after a show one night and he was really bothered by that.
Dickie is an excellent guitarist, very melodic. I used to gig with a guy who loved Duane more than any other player. Someone told him he reminded him exactly of Dickey Betts after a show one night and he was really bothered by that.
These things are all opinions in the end. Like steely dan. I would rather cut off my ballz with a butter knife than listen to them… other folks love em. Typo after sdh went next level. Big pete is an insanely talented singer for the lower register that he sung in. They said before he died he actually grew a few more inches and was close to 7’ when he died. Tumor on his pituitary gland. His range and skill for a big guy was insane. But I’m a fanboy so there’s that….
These things are all opinions in the end. Like steely dan. I would rather cut off my ballz with a butter knife than listen to them… other folks love em. Typo after sdh went next level. Big pete is an insanely talented singer for the lower register that he sung in. They said before he died he actually grew a few more inches and was close to 7’ when he died. Tumor on his pituitary gland. His range and skill for a big guy was insane. But I’m a fanboy so there’s that….
Yeah I wasn't doubting their talent at all. I just wanted an apples to apples comparison of songs or a song that was better vocal wise than the one I posted with Iommi.
I mean if you go back and you listen to like Cemetery Gates or something like you can't compare that to the current Phil or the Iommii era Phil.
My point wasn't to degrade or denigrate these guys at all. I'm just thinking that Tony Iommi brought out the best in these guys, every single one of them that I mentioned.