RIP Glen Campbell

Findthetone1

You were a legend and guitar hero that transcended generations and musical styles. May you finally be at peace and able to play with all your god given talent again....,

paulyc":yf0phtpw said:
Loved watching him on TV when I was a kid... damn shame. RIP Sir
This is what made me go upstairs and pull that gut string from under my Dad's bed and take the Mel Bay book inside and start playing.

RIP

Like everyone else I grew up with Glen being a household name but it never dawned on me that he kicked ass at guitar til I saw his documentary. Even when his Alzheimer's was kicking his ass he could still play. RIP Glen.

I was flat out amazed how good he and Roy Clark were...awesome. Country guys have serious chops.

such a great player. Not his most mind-blowing playing, but I love the version of "Wichita Lineman" he did w\STP.

Rhinestone Cowboy was my favorite song as a kid, used to sing that shit forever until I'd bug the shit out of my parents. RIP.

Sat front row at a show over 20 years ago. Just great. Played that funky Ovation full electric 12-string for "Southern Nights".

IndyWS6":18ot4h11 said:
mojotone":18ot4h11 said:
Maybe he is jamming with Jerry as we speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zelm7ArxhK4
I know this is a Glen thread, and its a big loss to music (RIP), but a lot of people don't realize how good Jerry Reed was. He schooled Chet Atkins on several occasions back in the day. Amazing guitar players - Glen, Jerry, Roy...
Absolutey. They were/are all incredible players. I love watching the old vids of those guys going head to head.

Damn I just saw this. The big three growing up that made me want a guitar were Jerry, Roy, and Glenn. Such a loss. RIP

Most people don't know he replaced Brian Wilson for touring with the beach boys in 1965.

Attachments

• 74253655.jpg
    74253655.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,164
Back