Sammy, Joe, Mike and Jason play Van Halen on Howard Stern's show

“In your house. Sitting down. On take 59…” :ROFLMAO:

That's the insult of this year! LMAO
burn put some ice on that.gif

I don’t get it. Why not just enjoy it?
Because Alex was Edward's brother and "Van Halen" to me was always about those two playing together - who happen to have one of the best frontmen ever. I used to think it would be cool if the two brothers would do an instrumental album. So the fact that Sammy and Michael would do something just to piss off Alex doesn't sit well with me. It is also possible I did not read your post clearly.

Feel free to enjoy it all you like. Music is a very subjective art.

Because Alex was Edward's brother and "Van Halen" to me was always about those two playing together - who happen to have one of the best frontmen ever. I used to think it would be cool if the two brothers would do an instrumental album. So the fact that Sammy and Michael would do something just to piss off Alex doesn't sit well with me. It is also possible I did not read your post clearly.

Sounds like you aren’t interested in this project out of loyalty to the VH brothers which I can appreciate. Myself, I feel that the VH brothers were disloyal to pretty much everyone they ever played with so I actually enjoy the irony. AVH will be ok, he has earned generational wealth from his accomplishments. I’m ok if his panties get in a twist for a bit

Is it fact they're doing it just to piss of Alex? I didn't get that idea from Sammy at all, he's just not going to wait around forever to do it.

Is it fact they're doing it just to piss of Alex? I didn't get that idea from Sammy at all, he's just not going to wait around forever to do it.
I was quoting and referring to @tallcoolone when he said: "It’ll still piss Alex off and I think Sammy and MA love that".

He and I do not agree on the context of this "tribute" tour, so I was just saying that I'm not down with that :dunno:

Anyway, this is a much better rendition (guitar wise) if you can ask me. We all know DLR voice is shot so I won't comment on that.

Last edited:
Ronnie Montrose wasn't as big a guitarist as EVH, but the Tribute they had for him was perfect.
There were a number of guitar players, Neal Schon amung them. They each played a few songs. The original Montrose line-up w/ Satch on guitar. Nobody was worrying if they played the exact notes Ronnie played.
Look at EVH at that Jason Becker Tribute. Him and Luke played shit versions of every tune attempted.

This EVH Tribute should have been a revolving door of guitarists, etc, who loved Ed, who could play decent versions of the tunes, etc.
Sammy's tribute seems like a money-grab. I wonder why Satch thought it would a good idea to get involved.

Yesterday, my 60 year old cousin who’s never touched a guitar, said Satch sounds “too stiff and clean” playing VH, and is the wrong guy for the job. :LOL:

That’s a false equivalency, and Nuno would play circles around Satriani doing EVH.
I watched Extreme get blown off the stage a couple weeks ago by Godsmack 30 miles from their home town. Nuno should stay in his lane. Just like the last time he got himself in the ‘music news’ by comparing himself to Slash.

I watched Extreme get blown off the stage a couple weeks ago by Godsmack 30 miles from their home town. Nuno should stay in his lane. Just like the last time he got himself in the ‘music news’ by comparing himself to Slash.
That’s because Extreme’s music is gay af. And that doesn’t change the fact that Nuno would smoke Satch playing VH.

Did all those guys lose Steve Vai's number or something? He'd be a good fit; big name recognition and has experience playing old VH tunes.

Did all those guys lose Steve Vai's number or something? He'd be a good fit; big name recognition and has experience playing old VH tunes.

i just dont understand peoples lust for tributes like this, i just dont find it exciting in the least to see whatever group of random dudes who are gonna have no chemistry thrown together to try and pull something off like VH. Like Nuno says, good luck. theres tons of full concerts of VH in their prime on youtube if i need my van halen fix :dunno:

i just dont understand peoples lust for tributes like this, i just dont find it exciting in the least to see whatever group of random dudes who are gonna have no chemistry thrown together to try and pull something off like VH. Like Nuno says, good luck. theres tons of full concerts of VH in their prime on youtube if i need my van halen fix :dunno:
I'm gonna have to disagree here. As much as I don't care for this 'tribute tour' that Sammy is milking, he does have great chemistry with Joe and Michael at least. And there NOT tons of full concerts on YouTube :dunno:

Yeah, its not a money grab.. It's the ride home. Dude is coming up on 80 years old.. LOL He's done it all but nobody can do it forever..
I aspire to keep the flame burning that long with my lame ass clips here on the boards..
Fuck nOnO..The ego on some people is unbelievable.. STFU..

Back