Sammy, Joe, Mike and Jason play Van Halen on Howard Stern's show

i just dont understand peoples lust for tributes like this, i just dont find it exciting in the least to see whatever group of random dudes who are gonna have no chemistry thrown together to try and pull something off like VH. Like Nuno says, good luck. theres tons of full concerts of VH in their prime on youtube if i need my van halen fix :dunno:
we will see soon. If you are correct, no one will go and it will flame out. I’m thinking you are not correct and tickets will sell quickly.

That’s because Extreme’s music is gay af. And that doesn’t change the fact that Nuno would smoke Satch playing VH.
So the guy’s music sucks but he can copy other players well?

Nuno did well in the 90s, good for him. He’s as relevant now as Reb Beach or Vito Bratta

Nuno did well in the 90s, good for him. He’s as relevant now as Reb Beach or Vito Bratta

i dont think theres a more popular guitar player than Nuno at the moment?? the dude plays with one of the biggest pop starts on the planet, he was just called the best living guitar player by half the internet when that Extreme album came out a couple months ago, i really dont remember the last time a guitar player was as hyped up as much as he has been this year, especially this late in a career. Extremes music does nothing for me, the dude is a monster though and i wish he was in a cooler band

i dont think theres a more popular guitar player than Nuno at the moment??
Really? Off the top of my head Slash, Page, Clapton, Richard’s, Gilmour, Santana, Tremonti, Satriani, Vai, Gary Clark Jr, Bonamassa, Morello, Cantrell, Petrucci, Meyer, Henson, Govan, Holiday…shit the kid from Greta Van Fleet is 1000% more popular than NB right now. Maybe on Rig Talk?

Last edited:
Really? Off the top of my head Slash, Page, Clapton, Richard’s, Gilmour, Santana, Tremonti, Satriani, Vai, Gary Clark Jr, Bonamassa, Morello, Cantrell, Petrucci, Meyer, Henson, Govan, Holiday…shit the kid from Greta Van Fleet is 1000% more popular than NB right now. Maybe on Rig Talk?

you said Nuno wasnt relevant anymore. relevant to me means people are interested in what youre doing at the current moment. Ive never seen a piece of guitar music covered and praised as much as the solo in that new Extreme song, at least not in the youtube era. the dude kicked off the year playing the super bowl. if theres a dude that won at guitar in 2023, its nuno

Nuno has swing and funk to his playing that would be extremely conducive to copping EVH, Satch does not.
Enjoy the Sam Halen concert. 👍

you said Nuno wasnt relevant anymore. relevant to me means people are interested in what youre doing at the current moment. Ive never seen a piece of guitar music covered and praised as much as the solo in that new Extreme song, at least not in the youtube era. the dude kicked off the year playing the super bowl. if theres a dude that won at guitar in 2023, its nuno
No one I know, besides the guys who grew up with him, know who he is. Everyone knows who Joe Satriani is. I wish Nuno the best—I bought a ticket for his last tour—but he is a 90s power ballad guitar hero who is working for a living like the rest of us. Him criticizing Satch for joining a cool high profile summer tour is cringe worthy

Nuno has swing and funk to his playing that would be extremely conducive to copping EVH, Satch does not.
Enjoy the Sam Halen concert. 👍
I will, I go to 2-3 shows a week. You?

I do find it hilarious that randos on the internet honestly feel they have a better idea who should be in a Sammy Hagar band than Sammy Hagar does lol

I do find it hilarious that randos on the internet honestly feel they have a better idea who should be in a Sammy Hagar band than Sammy Hagar does lol
I think (some of) said randos don't view it as a Hagar band, but as a VH Cover group. In which case it becomes more cut-n-dry. Can the guitarist mimic EVH? So far Satch doesn't appear to have convinced the randos that he can.

i dont think theres a more popular guitar player than Nuno at the moment?? the dude plays with one of the biggest pop starts on the planet, he was just called the best living guitar player by half the internet when that Extreme album came out a couple months ago, i really dont remember the last time a guitar player was as hyped up as much as he has been this year, especially this late in a career. Extremes music does nothing for me, the dude is a monster though and i wish he was in a cooler band
Extreme 3 was really good shit . More 90s than the other stuff . It’s really good . Try that one .

Nuno is way bigger than those guys . They just had a big hit and lots of press

im not understanding why the need to vehemently defend this as much as you are?? if youre into it and think they sound good then go enjoy the show, to have such tender feelings over others opinions of a tribute band though im not getting.

I think (some of) said randos don't view it as a Hagar band, but as a VH Cover group. In which case it becomes more cut-n-dry. Can the guitarist mimic EVH? So far Satch doesn't appear to have convinced the randos that he can.
Thank you for explaining, he’s clearly not understanding this.

im not understanding why the need to vehemently defend this as much as you are?? if youre into it and think they sound good then go enjoy the show, to have such tender feelings over others opinions of a tribute band though im not getting.
He goes to 2-3 shows a week, thus making his opinion more valid than that of your typical rando.

It's a discussion forum bro. There will be varying opinions. Enjoy the shows.

He goes to 2-3 shows a week, thus making his opinion more valid than that of your typical rando.

im curious what credentials you need to get out of the "rando" category? like if andy dick or whatever the ranting dudes name is comes up to me flashing his status police badge, whats enough to keep me out of rando jail?? i want to know so i can stay out of trouble

im not understanding why the need to vehemently defend this as much as you are??
WellI I wouldn’t call typing a couple sentences while sitting on a couch a “need”, but to answer your question more live shows is better. The idea of Satch putting his own flavor on old classic songs that Sammy Hagar wrote is cool. I’ve heard Ed play on those songs, maybe I’ll like Satch’s take better? I think your take that people can just watch YouTube of old VH is pretty lame, but you do you

im curious what credentials you need to get out of the "rando" category?
Put your name on it

Back