School me on handguns

I sent a pretty well set up P30 to GG and they sent me back an incredible P30. Highly recommend them.
My P30L came to me from an Englishman already tricked out by GG, including the flat trigger. I dislike the HK big curve. Currently working on a herd of VP9s, including the new VP9SK/SCS, which is an absolutely killer carry gun. Waiting right now for a Masada Slim, which I think is also going to make a great little carry gun.

Pickup up a VP40 in the spring. I guess I forgot to post it.. I had 40's long before I ever got a 9. I felt it was time to go back!

Here it is compared to the VP9. The height and length dimensions are the same, but the 40 Slide is way beefier.
Where the 9 Slide has a beveled width profile, the 40 is square.

IMG_20240106_220202712.jpg

IMG_20240106_221850900.jpg

Pickup up a VP40 in the spring. I guess I forgot to post it.. I had 40's long before I ever got a 9. I felt it was time to go back!

Here it is compared to the VP9. The height and length dimensions are the same, but the 40 Slide is way beefier.
Where the 9 Slide has a beveled width profile, the 40 is square.

View attachment 277826

View attachment 277832
TFX Pros are excellent. I put them on my first VP9 and my P30L.

They have a Mark 23 also.. But I can't lay out that kind of cash for what is really a trophy gun..
I watched interviews with guys who's era was this gun and they all said it's just to big.. LOL

hk81000078_2_1.jpg

They have a Mark 23 also.. But I can't lay out that kind of cash for what is really a trophy gun..
I watched interviews with guys who's era was this gun and they all said it's just to big.. LOL

View attachment 278777
Have handled the HK's, nice, but won't buy them. HK is basically an anti gun gun company who doesn't believe anyone not LE or military should have access to their weapons. Kinda like Springfield and their dumb CEO. Not going to get my money To much competition out there to not look elsewhere. I keep finding nice Italian pistols and knives. Beretta, Tanfog, AGA Campoline..That's as close to leaving com bloc stuff as I've come outside of some revolvers and such.

They are a bit exclusive.. The Guns they sell in Germany a not the same ones they sell in the US.. BU if you know, you can get the parts AFAIK..

They are a bit exclusive.. The Guns they sell in Germany a not the same ones they sell in the US.. BU if you know, you can get the parts AFAIK..
If it says Made In Germany on it it is. They produce some in the US now, but not all of them.

By the way, the ones made in the US are assembled here with parts made in Germany.

Last edited:
They are nice but I don't find them to be functionally any better than a whole slew of other handguns.

Everything ain't for everybody. The Tanfoglio thing made me laugh. And Beretta ? Their handguns are shit. The 92 was ok, but it was plagued with issues. Ain't getting 90k rounds out of one of those without a failure.

Everything ain't for everybody. The Tanfoglio thing made me laugh. And Beretta ? Their handguns are shit. The 92 was ok, but it was plagued with issues. Ain't getting 90k rounds out of one of those without a failure.
I guess you enjoy being wrong.

Back