School me on handguns

Yeah, that's a fullsize..
I have a leather OWB for my VP9. I've done that in the winter with a jacket.. Leather is comfortable but it squeaks loud enough to hear and buffs the finish off the gun.. No more leather holsters for me..

I have an IWB for my P30L but it's hard to bend over doing appendix carry with that stuffed in your belt.. LOL Too big.. But I really like appendix carry because the draw is right there and it prints the least...

But I'm trying to justify a P30 purchase here! 😁

IMG_20230503_224134247.jpg

IMG_20230503_224207006.jpg

Just for the hell of it I configured the holster that came with my Canik for IWB and I felt like I had a hammer down my pants..lol..OK back to the drawing board…too mild and warm where I live. Has to be IWB.

Yeah, that's a fullsize..
I have a leather OWB for my VP9. I've done that in the winter with a jacket.. Leather is comfortable but it squeaks loud enough to hear and buffs the finish off the gun.. No more leather holsters for me..

I have an IWB for my P30L but it's hard to bend over doing appendix carry with that stuffed in your belt.. LOL Too big.. But I really like appendix carry because the draw is right there and it prints the least...

But I'm trying to justify a P30 purchase here! 😁

View attachment 201211

View attachment 201214
I carry the VP9 and the P30L in Muddy River Tactical OWB Kydex holsters. The owner Kevin is a great guy. Missouri based. He's a vet. And when you call the number it's his cell phone and he answers it. The holsters are bad ass.

I was wondering about that LOL

My Cousins, cousin has a P365X with a Romeo on it. I guess he likes it..

I have a Romeo on my Rifle with the matching Magnifier.. IT's okay.. It's just a dot tho. I wish I had a Hologram with hashmarks for holds.. But that's a LOT more money..

I was wondering about that LOL

My Cousins, cousin has a P365X with a Romeo on it. I guess he likes it..

I have a Romeo on my Rifle with the matching Magnifier.. IT's okay.. It's just a dot tho. I wish I had a Hologram with hashmarks for holds.. But that's a LOT more money..
Mini red dots and red dots for rifles are different animals. The Holosuns have the dot inside the circle reticle, which is nice. I have a shit ton of 510Cs on various carbines and shotguns. Almost all mini/handgun optics just have a dot. The Romeo 5 ( I have 4 of those too) is a solid unit. I haven't tried any of their RMS ( red dot mini sight- which is the ones for a handgun) though. Holosun makes the Sig dots. They all have shake awake ( which is a must have as far as I'm concerned).

To be honest I am not a red dot on handguns guy. I do have a Vortex Venom on a Q5 Match, but that's a range gun, not a carry gun. For carry guns I think keep it simple. I bought my VP9 after the optics ready models ( 2020) were out, but I specifically bought the 2019 version which is NOT optic ready. I paid $650 for it.

Reading my post I wasn't very clear. The Holosun mini red dots have multi reticles. The 507 is real nice. I know a couple bonafide operators who swear if they were ever to deploy again they would take the Holosuns over the Eotechs. Which is saying something. I think you would need a different plate though.

I have a total of 11 or 12 Holosun made optics and every one of them are bad ass, never fail optics. Even if they are Chi-Com.

Cool man, thanks for the insight.. I was wondering if it was a rabbit hole I wanted to go down..

I have TFX PRO Night Sights on my VP9 and G27, and they are great for me. I wish my other Pistols had them but they are really expensive right now.. Maybe I should bite it and just buy them, for my P30SK in particular. It's cheaper than a new Gun..

IMG_20230505_223955122.jpg

Cool man, thanks for the insight.. I was wondering if it was a rabbit hole I wanted to go down..

I have TFX PRO Night Sights on my VP9 and G27, and they are great for me. I wish my other Pistols had them but they are really expensive right now.. Maybe I should bite it and just buy them, for my P30SK in particular. It's cheaper than a new Gun..

View attachment 201892
I have TFX Pros on my VP9 and P30L. I fucking love these sights. I wanna say the last set I bought was $108.

83yMObj.jpg

Yeah, they are incredible in the daylight..
When I got them for the VP9, they were like $75 before the world went batshit... Now it's almost double..

Back