Seems Marshall new ownership starting the downward slide to make more money.

I did an OT and choke upgrade on a DSL100H and the stock OT felt like it was made of styrofoam. Could not believe how cheap it felt. But it sold on eBay for almost what I paid for the ClassicTone that replaced it.

I checked the bias of my 1987x today, manufactured week 10/23, and it looks like I have a vietnamese made PT and an european made OT.

…and when I received the 1987x I ordered the 2203x while fetching the amp from my local store. A bit disappointed w. Marshall’s actions, I would’ve preferred the made in EU transformers. Let’s see for how many more months do I need to wait for the 2203x.

The bigger question is what store is shipping Marshall’s in the US for less than 2k shipped new? That’s less than used prices domestic?

@rsm what came on your new 1959x HW?
had it for several weeks; don't get the chance to open it up much; I have too many new toys thanks to all the sales starting in November. two weeks ago I was able to open it up, with one of my Ibanez PS 60, even with earplugs I could feel it and hear it!

IMG_0428.JPG

I've been getting my '80s hair metal fix, messing with one of my Rhoads RRX24 and my new-to-me ISP Theta Pro MS rig most of today; have to figure out the expression pedal configuration and why it's not working? haven't gotten to configuring the JP-2C and HX-Effects yet...

they showed a pic of the store earlier in the thread... I got a 2203x a year ago from them... hopefully the store won't get cancelled with all this publicity

If you guys want to buy used, have a look here:

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-jcm-800/k0

It`s the main selling site in Germany. Reissues can go for 1.3k or less. If there`s a "VB" behind the price, it means asking price which is negotiable. Maybe one of the guys is willing to ship to the US.

Sellers on this site get ratings on their previous transactions. You can as well see, how many times the seller sold stuff on the platform and when the account was created, which helps with fake sellers.
No commission by the site. Ask for PayPal payment if you want protection.

It's interesting cause I've noticed Marshalls coming from EU on reverb are way cheaper. I've been hesitant because of that thinking it was scammy (And the 230v issue). Guess it's legit.

The 2023 1959HW’s that I’ve had verified to me were still using the Dagnall laydown PT, but VN made OT and choke.

The 2203x I had on the bench was doing a low 420v plate voltage with its VN made PT.

Its only a matter of time before Marshall use up the remaining laydown PT stock for the 1959HW and then move to using a VN made one (if they haven’t already)….and what will the B+ be?

The 2023 1959HW’s that I’ve had verified to me were still using the Dagnall laydown PT, but VN made OT and choke.

The 2203x I had on the bench was doing a low 420v plate voltage with its VN made PT.

Its only a matter of time before Marshall use up the remaining laydown PT stock for the 1959HW and then move to using a VN made one (if they haven’t already)….and what will the B+ be?
Funny to me is, we all accept the shenanigans Marshall had with their changing voltages in the 70ies and 80ies but bitch around, when they are doing it now. This includes me as well :)

Funny to me is, we all accept the shenanigans Marshall had with their changing voltages in the 70ies and 80ies but bitch around, when they are doing it now. This includes me as well :)
well they corrected it pretty quickly back then.. will they do the same now without pressure? idk

Was at N Stuff in Pittsburgh this past Saturday and the word I got is no current USA distribution of Marshall products. Didn’t read every post of the 5 page thread so apologies if that has been mentioned. A lot of guys in here that are “in the know” so to speak.

Was at N Stuff in Pittsburgh this past Saturday and the word I got is no current USA distribution of Marshall products. Didn’t read every post of the 5 page thread so apologies if that has been mentioned. A lot of guys in here that are “in the know” so to speak.
interesting news.. I hope its true.. although the new agreement/firm might be like the who song "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Didn't Friedman say the Dagnall 2203Xs were normally 430v? Not sure I see the concern over 10v if that is correct.

I posted this earlier in this thread. All the 2023 1959 HW’s I’ve had come through have the MAV PT, OT and choke. They consistently put out 480vdc B+.

Most older JMP’s and 800’s are in the 445-460 range.

Back