Share YOUR EQ Tones : MXR Ten Band EQ

Anand Mahangoe

Hi Gentz !
I really love to use an EQ as a 'Clean" Boost in front of my Amp signal....I prefer this above using drive pedals because they change the amp sound.
Now I can fine tune the amount of DB Boost and some frequencies for a mid hump for my Leads.......;)

So I bought this MXR Ten Band EQ and it does a great job both in front of the Amp as well as in the Amp FX loop :
My Signal chain : Guitar - MXR EQ - Marshall Silver Jubilee - Suhr Reactive Load - Fractal Audio FM3 IR Load + Post FX

Hope you dig the tones and looking forward hearing your TONES ;)

Thanks !

thanks for the video. Its like getting a new pedal. One quick question, do you get full bypass? How is the noise when you boost the mids? I would guess they boost noise too .(

thanks for the video. Its like getting a new pedal. One quick question, do you get full bypass? How is the noise when you boost the mids? I would guess they boost noise too .(
Hey, thanks for the comments and yes, definitely a new pedal.....when testing the 'full bypass / true bypass' I do hear a slight loss of tone BUT nothing that can not be dialled in with a hair bit of more gain on the amp if needed....I am talking about the slightest of details here....and nothing that will stop me of using this pedal because it is soooo good !!
No boost in 'noise' because I dont have noise ;)

Back