• P1010045.JPG
    P1010045.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
what's your thoughts on the Cobra?

I've just got one myself and haven't spent much time with it.... but very impressed so far.
Pretty under-rated IMO

I just got it, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it, but I'm also very impressed. It has a little less gain than I expected, but not in a bad way or anything. While I was waiting for it and researching I was checking the schematic and reading about the "James" EQ. I should be better about this with *all* amps, but because of that I was a little better at EQing with my ears instead of my eyes and I'm really impressed at the range it has. It just seems really wide sounding to me and fills the room great, shakes the hair on my legs when I stand near the cab etc... awesome. My only gripe was I took the chassis out and I had to remove the chrome corner pieces to actually get it out. Luckily mine is in really good shape too, front panel isn't stained and tolex is good too, although I found out from screwing the chassis back in that it takes barely a slight scratch with the screwdriver to tear the tolex (luckily my tear is under the rubber foot anyway but I know to be extra careful now).

Messier than everyone else's, despite a much smaller collection, I just have a limited number of cabs, loadboxes and other gear that I can connect my amps to. so I'm always patching stuff in the home studio. If you think this is bad, you should see the back of that rack case. Damn thing is a fire hazard. No place to hang guitars either.

View attachment 256523
I really like seeing stuff like this. Small/Messy/Whatever but it's like seeing the paint brushes - an artist actually trying to create something.

Back