Smallbox pedal for Marshall Origin 50 for Plexi tones?

BatmansRigTalk

I have the BE-OD for JCM800 type tones.

I am wanting something for Plexi type tones.

Someone suggested a Friedman SmallBox Pedal.

I have been looking at Wampler and other Plexi pedals. However, I had good results with the BE-OD.

What's the general thought here about my idea for this pedal and what I want to do?

I have the BE-OD for JCM800 type tones.

I am wanting something for Plexi type tones.

Someone suggested a Friedman SmallBox Pedal.

I have been looking at Wampler and other Plexi pedals. However, I had good results with the BE-OD.

What's the general thought here about my idea for this pedal and what I want to do?
This was a l-o-n-g time ago. I don't suppose you ever tried your theory out. I have the same issue/setup... I'm using an BE-OD Deluxe for 'Crunch' and 'Lead' into an Origin (and other 'set clean' amps, including a Tonemaster Deluxe; because multiple back surgeries) and want something 'clean but Marshally' so I can plug into *anything* (the lightest/best amp for my back is actually the one already there, rented backline LOL) and have a three-channel BE-OD style amp. Love to know if you or anyone else has found a good solution to get that Plexi (or Friedman) clean out of (especilally) non-Marshall amps?

I have the Smallbox and a bogner la grange. I'm playing them both in front of a buxom Betty combo. I have found my preferred tones by using the bogner for low gain, almost clean plexi tones, the boost then pushes it to ac dc territory. I use the smallbox pedal for ac dc and up in terms of gain. Smallbox will do lower gain than that but I have found I prefer the la grange over the smallbox for plexified cleans/lowest gain.

Back