So MILLS ACOUSTICS Is REALLY GONE HUH?

RoidRage

I can't believe it! I heard this a while ago... So something made me go and try their Website... And it was Blocked By Norton as Maliscious!

Kinda Sorry I sold mine now, a really well made cab... Very big sounding, but there was just something funny about the sound
I couldn't put my finger on... :confused:

Does anyone know the story?

Roid

glip22":2jtgveah said:
I don't think they are gone. I have no problem navigating their website.
it might as well be gone from what I've heard.

I have a friend who I recommended the cabs to, and he has been waiting 10 months now with no cab and no refund.

I was not all that impressed with the mills stuff. Nice marketing and pictures , but to me the quality wasn't that special. The back panel was mounted with wood screws , not machine screws with t nuts to properly torque the back cab without wearing into wood over the years and in general, No soldered connections on the speakers or jacks, they use spade connecters which i don't dig either, nothing like a good mechanical connection and then solder, another bummer to me. As far as the sound, it wasn't bad, it's not a BAD cabinet overall, but to me just not worth the money they charge in my opinion.

Oh well all the best...

Ejecta had a Mills cab and it was wild how it projected the sound throughout the room. Still, something wasn't quite right with it.

Steer clear from doing business with Mills. Ive been waiting since 6/2011 for a cab from this guy. I firmly believe he took my money knowing he couldnt fulfill the order. I have not heard from this guy since 11/2011. No response to any communication attempt from his end. Im pretty much writting him off as a thief.

And it sounds like the mother fucker is still taken deposits for orders if someone is dumb enough to send funds his way after getting his full page emailed sob story.

His site is still up and running, but shows this:

"Please note: Due to our current backlog, we are not accepting any new orders until all existing orders are shipped. We anticipate this to remain in effect until early summer of 2012, possibly sooner. "

He was always dependable, albeit a little slow. But, same as other small time shop and others who get in over their head or beyond their means. He had amassed a pretty decent following though. I had talked to him just after the BP oil spill. He is down there in LA (Lower Alabama) on the coast and I seems he had some trouble keeping staff with all the big spill money to be had. If he has went under, it's too bad. Hopefully he can right the business or get everyone's cabs/money back to them. He had a small artist program going too, which probably didn't do him any favors.

bhuard75":11ej57jo said:
Steer clear from doing business with Mills. Ive been waiting since 6/2011 for a cab from this guy. I firmly believe he took my money knowing he couldnt fulfill the order. I have not heard from this guy since 11/2011. No response to any communication attempt from his end. Im pretty much writting him off as a thief.
Sorry you got afterburned... :aww: ;)

I hope he does clear his backlog. I'd apologize for calling him a thief. But over five months without responding to one inquiry is unacceptable. It bullshit to be honest.

steve_k":gz5cu22m said:
I had talked to him just after the BP oil spill. He is down there in LA (Lower Alabama) on the coast and I seems he had some trouble keeping staff with all the big spill money to be had.

"Big Spill Money" was made by the contractors on the spill and eventually became "Spillionares". 'Big Spill' money were meager wages that ranged from $10-12 an hour for casual labor. I spent 2 years in Pensacola Beach as an operations director for the company that supplied 100% of the labor for FL. We had a 40% portion of the labor in LA also. I think his troubles extend beyond the BP Spill. BP still has people walking the shorelines for $8 an hour. Jesh, one can make 4x's that jerking off infront of a webcam. I'm not questioning what he told you, I'm not calling him a liar. I'm scratching my head thinking about what he was paying his help...LOL

Way too heavy and have a really weird honky sound... for the money there are tons of other cabs that are better... I take that back, for LESS money there is better stuff...

....just my opinion... I know that there are a lot of people here that love their Mills cabs...

I will also say, I was messing around taking mine apart one day and TOTALLY jacked up the back plate, I mean pretty much destroyed it, E-mailed them and they called me the next day, asked what I needed, and next day aired me probably $35.00 worth of parts completely free... and I didn't even buy the cab new from them... surprised to hear they are going under...sucks...

They were a flavor of the month forum hype product. Ok, flavor of the 6 months. I tried them and they they sounded weird. Preferred my crappy-piece-of-shit-Marshall-couldn't-possibly-be any-good cabinets.

Wow. Too many of these "small-builder took my money and ran" stories lately. :thumbsdown: Too bad, Mills are excellent cabs.

killertone":2kgcgc9w said:
They were a flavor of the month forum hype product. Ok, flavor of the 6 months. I tried them and they they sounded weird. Preferred my crappy-piece-of-shit-Marshall-couldn't-possibly-be any-good cabinets.

No, they were flavor of the year a couple years ago....but that's alright. It's the way forums go, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Oversized cabs aren't applicable to just any amp. I found the same thing too. With the Marshall style circuits and the like, they will get flubby and sound like ass....just like a Mesa Recto cab will. If V30's are you thing and with amps like an Uberschall, Herbert, Dual Rec and those sorts, they are as good or better. Built like a brick shit house too. Having said all that, mine are in storage... :D without speakers in them.

steve_k":2qpfykvi said:
killertone":2qpfykvi said:

No, they were flavor of the year a couple years ago....but that's alright. It's the way forums go, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Oversized cabs aren't applicable to just any amp. I found the same thing too. With the Marshall style circuits and the like, they will get flubby and sound like ass....just like a Mesa Recto cab will. If V30's are you thing and with amps like an Uberschall, Herbert, Dual Rec and those sorts, they are as good or better. Built like a brick shit house too. Having said all that, mine are in storage... :D without speakers in them.

That speaks volumes. :LOL: :LOL:

I gave both models a shot, the oversized and the regular sized. Not my bag.

Wow, glad I scored mine used. Got 2 of them off of RT, and another one locally.

They don't like all speakers equally. I found they were flubby with Greenbacks, but they love V30s. Spend some time with your amp's EQ and they absolutely will deliver the goods, in my experience. They do what they advertize, which is give you both punchy mids/highs and big low end that isn't muddy.

Back