So, what do you guys do for a living?

Yeah, pretty much. I think that’s around 55 floors on Illinois St. downtown. Highest I’ve been up is around 80. After 3 it really doesn’t matter, if you fall you’re a goner. lol
180’ straight up in a lift can be a real lonely, eerie place. Hahaha!!! Good times! :loco:

Dude, props to you. There’s no way I could do that job. My knees would lock together, and I wouldn’t be able to move. That’s terrifying to me. Lol

The guys I always think of them d when huge wind storm. Pouring rain. Down power lines. I’m still out and about delivering mail. I see the consumer guys up in the Cherry pickers 50 feet in the air working on power lines. I could never do that. No way. Haha

Corporate whore. That's not the official job title, but rather more accurate description. Counting my days until I can tell the company to go eff itself with its ridiculous politics and the way it strong arms it down the employees throats willing or not. On the plus side, at least its stressful.

Business development for a fire protection company. Large commercial construction projects.

I guess I see why I am out of place here.

I was IT Director for a bullshit college (30 campuses, big network) for a while. Decent money, lots of butting heads with morons. Now I'm an installer for a regional A/V company. Every day is a pissing match about an IP address or a 70v speaker install.

I can't hobby Ferrari or Custom Shop Gibson like y'all. I build my own MIDI controllers with $29 Arduinos.

Y'all rock.

I worked for Avi at Boutique Amps Distribution before it was B.A.D., back when it was B-52. We had Bruce Egnater design and Dave Friedman do the final circuit tweaks on the B-52 AT-100 tube heads. I'm disabled now.

I am 25 years in with a very big global IT/Tech Consulting group. I began my career as a pup during the Y2K scare. Any more, I really do not care for my work but it has paid for a home, will send two kids to college and beyond and barring any disaster will allow me to retire at a fairly young age. I have no more career aspirations other than not having a career any more. I am weary of corp-speak and having another noun turned into a verb every day.
Man I hear you

Always, things happen so fast

It’s sad to see someone go through something so traumatic and life changing because they thought “it’s no big deal, I do it all the time”
See this over and over again, especially when I worked trauma.. fingers, hands, arms, whole bodies.. chewed up and spit out. Those machines are unforgiving. The worst was a road work worker; crushed partially by a steam roller. Dude still have some vital signs but death was imminent. And no he wasn’t flat like a pancake; it was lower body crush including pelvis fractures which lead to bleeding out and death. 😕.

Back