Some history of Rig-Talk

Yep, the forum was started Thump, Bob, myself and a guy named Mitch (he was the IT guy) I believe in 2006. It was started because Harmony Central Amp Forum became a shit show, with idiots and over censoring. About a year or so after the forums beginning, Mitch went off the deep end and started deleting everyone and everything, which is why a lot of the OG's like myself have a join date later than the actual forum's start date. A year or two after that, Brad King stepped in and bought the place. Then, another shit show:p. Shortly after that I stopped coming here because I had some things happen in my personal life (bad injury, etc). Now I pretty much just lurk:cool:

Last edited:
After Brad king owned it, another company owned it and didn’t take care of the forum. The reason so many accounts have hacked problems was the forum had accounts information compromised during that era and anyone who didn’t or haven’t since changed their passwords or enabled 2FA features since then are having their accounts hacked now (mine was hacked too that’s how I know). Thankfully our current owner that bought it after that upgraded the forum, upgraded the security, upgraded servers, and overall has managed this place very well.

Thankfully our current owner that bought it after that upgraded the forum, upgraded the security, upgraded servers, and overall has managed this place very well
Do you know the reason it was purchased and to what end? Community service for guitar people? Advertising revenue? Collecting data to sell?

Do you know the reason it was purchased and to what end? Community service for guitar people? Advertising revenue? Collecting data to sell?

The owners after Brad purchased it most likely to pump ad revenue as that was a time period it was still busy. The owners now? No idea.

OG members might have forgotten this tidbit of information, but there was mention from the owners after Brad that received revenue from the forum wasn’t enough to keep it running and even more ads were to be expected to keep the lights on. The forum was slow to load, sluggish, and just a bloated pop up ad mess.

"Many men remember the old days of Rig-Talk." ~Don Barzini
That guy could light up a thread better than Prometheus.

:ROFLMAO:

41qVgOu.jpg

It was me that asked . It’s seems very populated now . Just wondered . What’s been some of the biggest threads
Sorry, I forgot. I have a bunch of them collected in my Epic Pic/Gifs/Vids and Riffs thread - which is now a Sticky. @Racerxrated listed some as well. If you (anyone) finds any of those that I don't have @Racerxrated please either post them here, PM me or put them in that thread and I will add to OP. For posterity. I personally would love to come back here in 10 years and rewind all those classics. :yes:

CharvelDan had some meltdowns
That Bugera thread where the VP of Bugera came in here to defend was classic (but now gone I believe)
The Vertex shit
The Dani pedal chick? (was that here?)
Don't remember the King Crimson one
Stone Tone guy still posts in Mnfc forum

According to this site, I joined: Nov 19, 2008. Bob Savage and Sgt. Thump still owned/ran it; then through the BK years...

I stayed out of most of the drama around Cameron since I wasn't interested; I was into Vox amps (still am, but don't currently have one), and digital modelers during the early years.

Back