Some of my favorite solo's in a song

5150clone

Almost an impossible list to make so thought of a few just off the top of my head. I'm sure I've missed a few but here are some of my all time favs.

1. VH-hear about it later. That killer beginning drop d riff with the drums, turns manic tap part, string skipping.. Has it all and for me my all time fav. Perfect ending back to the chorus.
2. MSG-Feels like a good thing. Nobody better at melody lead playing than schenker. Great melody in this solo. Perfect groove, great phrasing. Just killer!
3. De Martini-Lay it down. Great phrasing, feel. Perfect for the song.
4. VH-Beat it. Has all of eddies style in one. Love the tone. So fluid and effortless. Still love it.
5. Nuno-Get the funk out. Great all around solo. The tapping part is killer but after that he is my fav part. Great groove to this and note selection. He is a monster
6. Lynch-it's not love. There are so many from him. I love this one, short and sweet. Perfect lynch feel and swagger with the half bends, sideways vibrato thing. Killer!
7. MSG-Looking for love. Off his 2nd album. This one I love for the same reasons. Grove, melody. Perfect build at the end..
8. Blackmore-since you been gone. Can't think of any memorable stuff from him. But this one I love, fits the song perfectly.

Shy of Eruption, I think Beat It is my favorite VH solo!

Here's a handful of my favorite solos:

Vai-Ladies' night in Buffalo
Page-Stairway to heaven
Kiss-Detroit rock city
Paul Gilbert-Daddy, brother, lover, little boy
Randy Roads-Over the mountain
Brain May-Killer Queen
David Gilmour-Comfortably numb
Matthias Jabs-No one like you
Queensryche-I don't believe in love
John Skykes-Is this love
Vito Bratta-Wait

VH (really anything...im a VH homer :yes:
Outta Love Again
Ice Cream Man (that swing is crazy)
Girl Gone Bad

Floyd - Comfortably numb
Opening Salvo by Giant - I'm a Believer (song is meh, but solo is pretty smoking)
Nuno - Funk out, Decadent Dance
Opening Lick Green Tinted Sixties Mind (not overly difficult, but really slick little lick)

Honestly, i could list'em all night, and never get through. :rock: ALL HAIL THE GUITAR SOLO! :rock:

MrDowntown":1dknftye said:
VH (really anything...im a VH homer :yes:
Outta Love Again
Ice Cream Man (that swing is crazy)
Girl Gone Bad

Floyd - Comfortably numb
Opening Salvo by Giant - I'm a Believer (song is meh, but solo is pretty smoking)
Nuno - Funk out, Decadent Dance
Opening Lick Green Tinted Sixties Mind (not overly difficult, but really slick little lick)

Honestly, i could list'em all night, and never get through. :rock: ALL HAIL THE GUITAR SOLO! :rock:

Dude, ice cream man for sure..outta love is killer too.

Back