somebody jump on this!!

the brad era atomica prototype #1 zach bought is truly special.

the friedman steve stevens v1 is the closest production amp i’ve heard/played to it. but the atomica has a little something extra. the greasy easy feeling of a boogie mark but the fiery dynamic voice of a modded marshall.

Examples? I would never buy that amp, at that price. But I would like something in the same category. I don’t really have anything like it.
Looks like you’ve got a great example right in your avatar. All I’m saying is too many people get wrapped up in the mystique of something they cannot have and assume it must be better than anything else ever made because it’s unattainable. Don’t get me wrong, they’re a good sounding amp. But if they were more readily available guys would breeze right over them

First off, yes 10K is what they go for. One sold for that pre covid if I remember correctly. IF any C+ is going for 6K up to 12K, the CCV is going to be in that range all day based on the rarity.
Now, whether you think it's a great amp or just average, that's all opinion. Like anything else. There are more C+ showing up for sale than any CCVs over the past few years.
Out of my price range for sure. But, 2200+ C+ (factory not upgrade) vs what, 100 maybe CCVs?
Easily a 10k amp based on that alone.

At the end of the day, goods and services are worth what people pay for them. The CCV is definitely a supply constrained product. While I really liked the feel and tone of this amp, It's not a 10K amp...For me. That said when there's only ONE currently available,....It only requires one person to believe that this amp is worth the cost of 3 - 4 high end amplifiers, and has the liquidity to act on that belief. The market will tell us it's worth soon enough I suspect.

Last edited:
First off, yes 10K is what they go for. One sold for that pre covid if I remember correctly. IF any C+ is going for 6K up to 12K, the CCV is going to be in that range all day based on the rarity.
Now, whether you think it's a great amp or just average, that's all opinion. Like anything else. There are more C+ showing up for sale than any CCVs over the past few years.
Out of my price range for sure. But, 2200+ C+ (factory not upgrade) vs what, 100 maybe CCVs?
Easily a 10k amp based on that alone.

For some reason I thought there was a lot less than 100 CCVs.

Easily a 10k amp based on that

Someone should ask Mark how many CCV are in the wild. Has he resurfaced?

It covered more ground but balls out vs balls out a CCV/Jose can hang with a C++?

You mean balls IN? 😂

Sorry, couldn’t contain myself.
And yes, that is what I am interested about.

Because it seems that Marks have a little bit different architecture philosophy than any other highgainer, as far as I was told. That’s why I want one.

Back