Stuck inside, no work, Randy tribute..

Nice dude!!!! You are the first video EVER, that I don't mind hearing the strings, sound of your picking, etc. Sounded killer man!

Thanks, I appreciate that!
Sorry about that. It wasn't supposed to be that way, but the DAW wasn't working with the backing track, so I did it primitively...

You make it look easy!! You are one with the guitar, grasshopper. Mother mother fucker that was great!

I always thought it would suck to be a lefty but I tried about two dozen guitars at a guitar show and they all played like crap compared to mine, so don't fret about not being able to try a bunch of guitars because you're a lefty, most guitars have sucky set-ups from the ones I played. Shit, just looking at the bridges I could see that the intonation wasn't in the ballpark.

Aside from playing a backwards guitar, you F IN NAILED that man. You have the SWING. Made my night!

You guys are too kind. It's much appreciated and I mean that sincerely.

Lmao...the phone was on its side and I was standing up...I'm a righty. It just came out that way on the video lol. But I know what your saying about lefty guitars..

Awesome! I haven't been playing I don't know right for years it seems. lol. Love me some RR and every year on the anniversary date or around it, I listen to all the bootlegs on youtube over again.

That's cool. I also listen to a lot of those live recordings.
Amazing how almost every show on the blizzard/diary tour was recorded with audio and very little out there of video.
I've been collecting RR boots for years like many others, and I personally think theres alot more video than we are seeing.
Sharon.....
On a side note, RR altered the notes in his live playing. He always had great note selection and a great ear for melody.
Easily my all time favorite player.

romanianreaper":24zffs5r said:
Nice dude!!!! You are the first video EVER, that I don't mind hearing the strings, sound of your picking, etc. Sounded killer man!
THIS...love the sound of strings as well. I'd actually like to hear this with no amp now that we're talking about it. Well done!

I owned one of Randy's Les Pauls, a cherry sunburst. Super heavy, gold hardware, played like a dream. This was the summer of 1981 in Connecticut. Randy's twin brothers and I went to school together so we heard about Ozzy way before anyone else. We were very skeptical because, c'mon, Ozzy? But it was true, Ozzy was starting a band and this kid's brother is his guitarist. He had proof, a letter from his brother and pictures of his brother with Ozzy and then, the album! Far out and groovy.
I had the guitar for a day and Randy's dad made his brother Paul, who traded it to me for a Stratocaster, get it back! I was, well still am, bummed out to say the least.

Wow !!!!
Thats an amazing story.
I actually visited Musonia in June 04 and spent basically the entire Friday with Delores and Kelle. He had mentioned that Randy's father was living in CT. Small world eh?

I remember stopping at the florist somewhere on Laurel Canyon Blvd, around the block from Musonia that morning and getting a bouquet of flowers for her. She seemed so happy to get them, and I just had a very special day there talking with her. Kelle had come later on and he showed me around and jammed some piano.
Was a very special day for me and I felt extremely fortunate to have been able to be there on "Hallowed Ground," if you will, as ZW once put it.

Markedman":171b75i4 said:
I owned one of Randy's Les Pauls, a cherry sunburst. Super heavy, gold hardware, played like a dream. This was the summer of 1981 in Connecticut. Randy's twin brothers and I went to school together so we heard about Ozzy way before anyone else. We were very skeptical because, c'mon, Ozzy? But it was true, Ozzy was starting a band and this kid's brother is his guitarist. He had proof, a letter from his brother and pictures of his brother with Ozzy and then, the album! Far out and groovy.
I had the guitar for a day and Randy's dad made his brother Paul, who traded it to me for a Stratocaster, get it back! I was, well still am, bummed out to say the least.
You reversed the trade? :confused:

Markedman":1r530cfr said:
Very cool! Back then if you would have told people that Ozzy would STILL be rocking in 2020 they would have thought you were crazy. He was such a mess almost everyone thought it would fail. But Randy.

Danny and Paul are younger than Randy, probably 56 years old now. They are twins, not Randy. They all share the same father. The father left the mother when Randy was one year old.

It was Danny I got the guitar from. I think I wrote Paul. Dan was the cool one.

I was remembering more details as I thought back and hearing the name Blizzard of Ozz seemed odd to us.

Back