T1M Buffer...

lespaul3013

Just got this cute little black box in the mail yesterday...finally had time to give it a quick test this morning.

First impressions...it's tiny...which I love, fits very well onto my board and seems very sturdy for its size.

Now, this is just a buffer, so I wasn't expecting drastic tone improvement and to instantly achieve my dream tone, which is good...because that's not what these are meant to do. This buffer simply makes my tone "clearer" and overall it just feels better. I can't really explain it... :confused:

Do yourself a favor...and go to http://this1smyne.com/ and order yourself one of these...Dan is an awesome guy to deal with and will work with you to custom make just about anything you can think of for very reasonable prices :thumbsup:
My buffer was $47 shipped to my door...took about a week to get here.

Great investment :yes:

Jordan

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these. Just as I was about to, a Wrampler Clean Buffer popped up on CL and I got that instead. Same thing, with a bigger footprint. I love it on my board, but with the way my board is filling up, I may still want the T1M buffer.

A little buffer goes a long way.

BeZo":2fz8bgfg said:
I almost pulled the trigger on one of these. Just as I was about to, a Wrampler Clean Buffer popped up on CL and I got that instead. Same thing, with a bigger footprint. I love it on my board, but with the way my board is filling up, I may still want the T1M buffer.

A little buffer goes a long way.

Yea...I had no idea how much of a difference it would make.
I love it :yes:

Definitely a winner. Not every board needs a buffer though. I've had boards both ways. My current setup doesn't need one but I hold onto my T1M buffer anyway-I'll need that little jem again someday.

yeti":2kjdwura said:
how do you determine if you need one or not?

Buy one and test with and without :LOL: :LOL:

That's actually exactly what I did...my pedalboard isn't huge so I wasn't sure if I needed one or not, but man, it definitely helps out.

Jordan

lowmantotempole":2jcz154h said:
Dan is crazy cool. He recently adopted a baby so I can imagine he's been busy with that. He does pedal mods as well.

Yea...he'll do (or at least try) just about anything for you and he makes it clear :yes:

The Hoff":33vqxbkw said:
Definitely a winner. Not every board needs a buffer though. I've had boards both ways. My current setup doesn't need one but I hold onto my T1M buffer anyway-I'll need that little jem again someday.

Yea...I guess you're right, although I doubt having a buffer on any certain board would cause any type of harm or tonal degradation, but what do I know?? :confused: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeti":65n0g6qf said:

Play your board through your rig, then take the chord from your guitar and plug straight in. If you notice a brighter tone going straight, and through the board seems duller, get one.

The trick is to know if your pedals are True Bypass or not. If you are all true bypass and one buffer, you're good. Some pedals are buffered (Boss, some MXR, Visual Sound, etc...) and don't need a buffer. What you don't want to do is stack a bunch of buffers. Too many copys and it's not the original signal anymore.

BeZo":27z1brbx said:
yeti":27z1brbx said:

Play your board through your rig, then take the chord from your guitar and plug straight in. If you notice a brighter tone going straight, and through the board seems duller, get one.

The trick is to know if your pedals are True Bypass or not. If you are all true bypass and one buffer, you're good. Some pedals are buffered (Boss, some MXR, Visual Sound, etc...) and don't need a buffer. What you don't want to do is stack a bunch of buffers. Too many copys and it's not the original signal anymore.

+1

have a buffer in the true bypass looper i use on one board, and got a Boss TU-2 on the other (which is buffered), so the T1M is not really needed

that being said you might prefer the sound as is without some kind of buffer, experiment first =0 :thumbsup:

Back