Testing a simple setup Baldringer Overdrive->DD2->JMP

hunter

I am more and more becoming hooked to this Overdrive pedal I bought - Baldringer Dual Drive. Somehow the guy managed to really make it sound like a Marshall on tilt, when played into a clean amp.

Check it out, I think it's pretty rocking (and feels great to play by the way:)

I usually $hit all over amps in a box but this thing has some very realistic tones! Impressive.. it really comes through in the lower gain stuff and stays together nicely in the higher gain too.. Without looking i bet this is a 400$ pedal!

Kapo_Polenton":t0p3lxa9 said:
I usually $hit all over amps in a box but this thing has some very realistic tones! Impressive.. it really comes through in the lower gain stuff and stays together nicely in the higher gain too.. Without looking i bet this is a 400$ pedal!

Yeah that's the downer, Dirk takes 450€ a piece. However, he will tweak it for free in case you don't like the mods you chose (he did for me and paid the shipping, too). Plus in my case, he did some work on the Marshall for me, and that work ended up being free as I bought the pedal when I picked it up. Plus the Marshall never sounded better after he had fixed it (he removed the internal oscillation issue and brought the bias up to correct levels).

I gotta say, it isn't by accident that Dirk Baldringer usually gets a call when any of the big guns are touring Europe and have an amp related issue. He knows his stuff that is for sure.

A friend of mine uses it into a THC head. One of the very few pedals I do like.
Sounds good into your JMP as well.

duesentrieb":sn7m2pgg said:
A friend of mine uses it into a THC head. One of the very few pedals I do like.
Sounds good into your JMP as well.

I would too not have thought I'd be a pedal guy, but this one's won me over. :rock:

Back