Tonight show had Yngwie !?!? Wow

Not a great mix of people.. A super woke black new york band and a european neo classical shredder..
The vibes I'm getting from the band is get this white boy outta here.. LOL
I think the drummer stuck a comb in his hair and it stayed there ever since. Unwashed and all
 
Yeah it's 100% an achievable tone, but at least for me it's just not that pleasant of a tone to play

Obviously it works for him, and it sounds phenomenal for playing in that style, but yngwies never had the best rhythm tones
You aren't wrong.. I actually think his early tones were better, especially the dimarzio FS-1 tones which probably would have been there until Trilogy. Marching Out had his meanest tone. Just fatter but less gain overall as he really use to work harder for the tone. As gain has gone up, it has worked against him because his phrasing and speed has gotten even quicker to the point that it is messy. New Yngwie has more high end and gain so unless you are playing the neoclassical thing, isn't a go to strat tone for me either.

I Much prefer the Uli tone with dialed back fuzz or Blackmore Rainbow tones for my strat fix. Actually, Norum double boosting NMV Marshalls with Europe is also an awesome tone. FS-1's there as well.
 
Not a great mix of people.. A super woke black new york band and a european neo classical shredder..
The vibes I'm getting from the band is get this white boy outta here.. LOL
Same. They always go on about " the Roots" but rock clearly is not their thing. They were a terrible backing band for him. You have to know how to play with Yngwie and get the hell oit of his way... the answer to more is always MORE.
 
This is me the past 2 yrs. Never would have thunk it, and it's got nothing to do with Yngwie, just strats in general. Love that crisp growl. Yngwie did, however influence my color choice - strat could be any color as long as it was white. I didn't want a 'Yngwie strat", though.
What do you know, mine is white too 🙂
 
Back
Top