Transformers in the SLO 30?

Yeah the new SLO100 is using custom Magnetic Components Classic Tones; I'm sure the SLO30 will too

Devin":1c91qryj said:
Yeah the new SLO100 is using custom Magnetic Components Classic Tones; I'm sure the SLO30 will too

Wow! I didn't know the new SLO had different transformers. I heard the DeYoung transformers were supposed to be the secret to the SLO sound. However, having had and SLO and a Hot Rod 25 side by side for a while, it sounded like the Hot Rod 25 was very much of that DNA. I wonder how the new SLOs will compare.

MistaGuitah":63zp5caj said:
Devin":63zp5caj said:

Wow! I didn't know the new SLO had different transformers. I heard the DeYoung transformers were supposed to be the secret to the SLO sound. However, having had and SLO and a Hot Rod 25 side by side for a while, it sounded like the Hot Rod 25 was very much of that DNA. I wonder how the new SLOs will compare.

Given DeYoung will no longer make the transformers after having been bought by another company there wasn't exactly any choice with regards to still using the DeYoungs...

MistaGuitah":3gkttims said:
Devin":3gkttims said:

The 25 doesnt have those transformers either,and you liked it. I imagine you'll like the 30 as well. I'd like to try one myself someday.

I am sure it will be a badass amp, but I would go with (and internally justify the cost) or a hotrod avenger tbh. I have played and loved three of them (but not owned), although I did have a Avenger in my house for a weekend. Which was epic.

Marshall Freak":vsnczwe0 said:
MistaGuitah":vsnczwe0 said:
Devin":vsnczwe0 said:

The 25 doesnt have those transformers either,and you liked it. I imagine you'll like the 30 as well. I'd like to try one myself someday.

Yeah that's what I was saying because the HR25 had that SLO sound to it when I'd crank it up a little. sounded just like the SLO crunch channel in my opinion. It will be interesting what the SLO diehards will have to say after playing the new one.

Back