TWIN JET - Purple Mod

Hmm... if you got a lemon, I'm sure Bogner would've taken care of it for you. They're pretty good with CS.

leib10":11o6mst5 said:
Hmm... if you got a lemon, I'm sure Bogner would've taken care of it for you. They're pretty good with CS.

I actually called Bogner (Charlie) about the amp at the time, and he doubted it would have been any different (circuit wise or tone wise) than other Purpe Mods done because there were so few done....I inquired about putting it back to stock and he suggested that it might be easier just to sell it and buy a standard Twin Jet.

Oh well, tone is subjective.....and I just prefer EL34's with the Rev Blue & Rev 2's.....and 101B. I also didn't realize how frustrated I'd become with SLO's until I got my current Rev Blue and Ecstasy. I had been wanting the EL34 tone from the SLO....and it doesn't get that! :D

Heritage Softail":185cxkmu said:
Ventura":185cxkmu said:
SLOgriff":185cxkmu said:
rlord1974":185cxkmu said:
Way to crush his soul, Bryan. :LOL: :LOL:

OOPS! Didn't see where the amp was already purchased and shipped!! (Sorry brother!!!) I just don't want someone to have higher expectations like I did. :no: Maybe I got a bad one, but why would Reinhold allow an amp to leave his hands if it wasn't done like he designed it (meaning I doubt mine was a lemon)....unless there was a bad tube(s) maybe. It took me 5 minutes to realize I messed up with that purchase.

I previously had another stock Twin Jet that I loved and wished I would have kept. :rock:
It's all good. I know my Uberschalls and know what I like.

I had a pristine NIB Twin Jet a couple years back. It was right around the time I was working on the Hagen with Papa, and was a Diezel Diezel Diezel mega channel switching addict. I told myself it wasn't as versatile, wasn't all that and a bag of chips. And, granted, I didn't use it as much once the new Diezel wares hit my hizzy. So I dumped it.

But it wasn't long after that I was jammin' and giggin' and recording, and realized I really missed the amp. First up, that amp, matched with the UberKab, goes fkn nuclear when you turn it up. By far one of the most powerful amps I've ever played. Scary powerful and it HOLDS down even when going full throttle. The bass was nuts. The searing hot tone, unmatchable. So I missed it.

That said, Ch.1 was the channel I needed to spend the most time with, and it got me a lot of tones - break up dirt right through to higher gain modded Marshall tones. It was good for covers of certain songs, but it did take some tweaking to get it to each song's specific range. Ch.2 was a no brainer. Seriously, it melted skulls (not just faces). So when Heritage Softtail approached me a la PM about this TJ Purple Mod, I more or less went "ya man, I'm in!!" even though I've started to downsize my arsenal. Will I like it? Yet to know - I mean, Ch.2 is still Ch.2 - and after talking with Charlie at BHQ today, I think the mod is going to serve me well. So we'll see.

One thing for sure with that amp - you have to take all your previous ideas and notions as to how to dial in an amp and thrown them out the window. It's not a "by sight" amp to EQ. Once you get a handle on it, or shall I say, once I got a handle on it, it really was a remarkable amp for only being a 2 channel head. I'm pumped. Always wanted my TJ back, and maybe this time, I'll get one that was even better (pardoning the white tolex and metal grille I had with my old one ;) ).

Thanks for a thus far UBER smooooooth deal Heritage :thumbsup: :rock:

Peace,
Uncle Mo

Lieb shared some of the tube ideas for the extras I sent with the amp and the tube map. He is the man!

I am thinking of getting on the long list for a Killer Kali ++. Been digging the modded Marshall goodness. And it would sit nicely with the MKIIC. Dan seems to be one of the rising stars in the amp modding biz and a great player...

Enjoy the TJ. I gave her a good thrashing the day before sending it off. And I completely agree on the tone controls freaking people out. When I let friends jam on the amp, they got all glassy eyed when trying to dial it in. And add to the confusion that ch 1 dials in like a normal amp and then ch 2 dials in with that reductionist method of borrowing from the adjacent tone stack.

I would gain down ch 1 and use a boost for punch not gain, and sometimes a compressor. Never did find a need for a boost on ch 2. Or maybe I didn't have one that played well with it. I know you have a favorite boost.

Rock on my brother...

:rock: :rock:

Hi folks,
Just got my Bogner TJ, but I'm have hard time to get a real bass response and clean treble cuz it seems that the amp does not have treble!
What's your settings?

Adleneknot":1txgx49h said:
Hi folks,
Just got my Bogner TJ, but I'm have hard time to get a real bass response and clean treble cuz it seems that the amp does not have treble!
What's your settings?
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

The bass is thunderous on the TJ. Treble and Middle work together on both channels - you'll have to work one against the other. Presence is key to treble response in addition to the channel Middle setting, and the global Depth is key to knocking walls down.

What cab you using? :confused:

Super old thread I know, but relevant.

Anyone actually have details on this purple mod? Interested to try it out.

Back