UPDATE 06/13/23 : ALL the Chirons have shipped !!!

Dan Travis has been after me to try one. I use a ts808 now and love it. I read that putting a klon before it is the secret sauce. I am mostly excited just to get a rig-talk pedal. I think that kicks serious ass. Even if I don't like it, I will just keep it as a memento.
I guess John Mayer is famous for doing this ..... he alters one in front of the other from time to time .

Untitled.png

head-bang-anime.gif

Last edited:
Dan Travis has been after me to try one. I use a ts808 now and love it. I read that putting a klon before it is the secret sauce. I am mostly excited just to get a rig-talk pedal. I think that kicks serious ass. Even if I don't like it, I will just keep it as a memento.

It's a fantastic way to boost high gainers. Don't get me wrong, I love 808s as well, esp these two:
16804719009678301927979255156666.jpg
The sparkle drive is a pedal that actually sounds as good as Josh Scott thinks the bad monkey sounds. Luckily, since a cuck hasn't shilled for it, they can still be had cheap.

The Klon circuit mid hump is a little more "airy" at around 1khz, TS is around 700-800hz

Having that 1khz hair really, really helps you cut through a live band or mix.

It also has a bit more dynamics and "touch sensitivity" than a TS circuit, which makes it absolutely killer for lead tones.

I prefer an 808 or TC style boost for recording rhythm tones with certain amps, like an SLO or Recto, but for a marshall style amp, the klon circuit absolutely murders it.

It's a fantastic way to boost high gainers. Don't get me wrong, I love 808s as well, esp these two:
View attachment 186322
The sparkle drive is a pedal that actually sounds as good as Josh Scott thinks the bad monkey sounds. Luckily, since a cuck hasn't shilled for it, they can still be had cheap.

The Klon circuit mid hump is a little more "airy" at around 1khz, TS is around 700-800hz

It also has a bit more dynamics and "touch sensitivity" than a TS circuit, which makes it absolutely killer for lead tones.

I prefer an 808 or TC style boost for recording rhythm tones with certain amps, like an SLO or Recto, but for a marshall style amp, the klon circuit absolutely murders it.
Still have my OG SparkleDrive, 20 years later. The clean mix feature really makes the pedal for me. Just dial in some for low end fullness.

Still have my OG SparkleDrive, 20 years later. The clean mix feature really makes the pedal for me. Just dial in some for low end fullness.
Me too, I've had mine (and a backup!) for 18 years now.

It's absolutely baffling to me that most TS users haven't caught on to how good it is.

That clean blend is the reason it absolutely kills for boosting low end heavy, looser, muddier high gain amps like an SLO or Recto or Framus Cobra or whatever

Normally when you boost them with a TS, it immediately chops all the low end out, but the clean blend somehow adds in both low end AND clarity/definition.

As far as tube screamers go, it absolutely eats a bad monkey alive.

View attachment 186322

that's where I use mine ...... in front of my 2204 ..... turns it into a total BEAST

Nabbed the last one.
Love my klone, use it all time. But it's a big double pedal with a POT on the other side, which I don't use much.
Looking forward to this so I can make some space on my board.
I use the Klon 3 ways: Clean sweetener with no gain, boosting a dirty amp for more gain, and sometimes as a standalone od for the bluesy stuff.
Between it, a Tim and an SD1, I'll have all I need for od.
Probably be flipping a Demon FX modded TS and Fulldrive 2 at some point. And maaayyyybe the Timmy.

Nabbed the last one.
Love my klone, use it all time. But it's a big double pedal with a POT on the other side, which I don't use much.
Looking forward to this so I can make some space on my board.
I use the Klon 3 ways: Clean sweetener with no gain, boosting a dirty amp for more gain, and sometimes as a standalone od for the bluesy stuff.
Between it, a Tim and an SD1, I'll have all I need for od.
Probably be flipping a Demon FX modded TS and Fulldrive 2 at some point. And maaayyyybe the Timmy.
I have the #1 pick, lets talk draft picks

I, of course, will be selling mine for $500-1000 but only green stamps or payment. oh... and $150 for shipping. Preferably just send cash thru the mail. No worries!

Edit: I do hope everyone realizes I am kidding! Just a rag on the Reverb guys who put stuff like this up for ridiculous prices... Thankfully this community gives back and helps each other so I doubt we'll see anyone doing that shit from here. (y)

Last edited:
Back