USPS Priority - WHAT HAPPENED??

I don't care who appointed who in the USPS, they've always been sketchy. After 22 years of having a USPS account, I think I know. I've switched to USPS Ground Advantage instead of USPS Priority Mail. Why? It's less money and it gets there in 4-5 days, instead of 3. I can live with that. They are cheaper than FedEx now, and FedEx is trying to lower my rates to match....but it hasn't happened yet.
Yep, Ground Advantage for me has been more reliable, cheaper, and most of the time as quick as Priority. Typically about $5 cheaper shipping something like a pedal.

Typical gobernment run failure.

Just like our school system, poor performance and absolute incompetence.

But, just send more money that will fix it.

I just bought a TC Spark off Reverb. Shipped out of NJ, came into Columbus, OH, yesterday and the crackheads rerouted it back to NJ.

This isn't the 1st time I've experienced this, only the most recent. I don't know what these jokers are smoking, but it must be the good stuff.

When your PM shows up late there is no refund, you have no recourse. Its happened to me.
Thats when the Post Office tells you there is no gaurantee.
If you think the PO [the place you get one stamp for a dollar] is going to give you something because your mail is lost or late you live in another country and not this one.
Should it be on time / yes. Is it always on time / no.
Should you be comp'd / yes. But you never will because its a Federal Bureaucracy.
Also USPS tracking lies almost every time. Same with FedEx / UPS & all shipping.
Only thing gauranteed in life is death & taxes.
BTW USPS is your tax dollars at [work] pun.

The USPS is a self-funded agency that is not funded by taxes, if I remember correctly

For years I used USPS Priority regularly to ship smaller items. It was always reliable and a good value, that is up until about two years ago and it has just gotten worse. I am not exaggerating when I say almost every single package I have shipped or had sent to me via USPS Priority in the past year or two has gotten lost or misdirected. They eventually arrive where they're supposed to go, but it may be as much as a week or even two later than it was supposed to. My wife has had the same experience and a couple of friends who I've talked to expressed the same, so this can't just be my isolated experience.

Last week I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amplified Parts and it qualified for free shipping...which turned out to be USPS Priority. I thought to myself, what are the chances this one gets lost or waylaid too? Well, I was supposed to get it this past Monday and it was already in nearby Atlanta last Friday...but ever since it has just ominously said that it is "in transit - arriving late." Where'd it go? Where will it end up next? Maybe it will go somewhere fun and tropical, or maybe it will go for a rugged Alaskan excursion. I can't wait to find out, that is if it ever emerges from this black hole.

At this point using USPS Priority is like paying extra to make sure your package gets lost and arrives nowhere near on time.
Hey man, I live over outside of Blue Ridge and we're getting the same kind of shit. Have a box or two totally in limbo, and there's never any telling how long anything is going to live "somewhere around Atlanta" and "in transit".

Supposedly they are renovating a USPS building or two in the Atlanta area that's causing a lot of it. I have a set of pickups from Michigan otw, took them one day to make it to GA (Tuesday) and now they are in limbo "in transit". :rolleyes:

I recently had a small order of guitar picks with a delivery date that never happened. A week after they were said to be delivered I got a update that they were returned with no explanation. Great system.

Anyone ever ship out a package and the tracking says that it had been delivered days/weeks/months before it was even shipped?
Happened to me a few times, but eventually they arrived in the future instead of the past. Guess that's what you get when the post office outsources their time machines to China.

"self funded" that always runs out of money then charges you and me.
It's funny how some know this and would like to see USPS self sufficient.

Then there's the other half that scream bloody murder when steps are taken in that direction.

Then there is the third half that has no idea what the argument is even about but know they're right.

I've had good and bad luck with USPS, UPS and FedEx. It's basically a crap shoot as to when packages arrive, if items are damaged, and how badly damaged are they, at this point.

None of them care to improve because they don't have to, unless you're one of their top customers, and even then who knows?

It is right on their website…funded by postage and services.
They are not saying anything about the yearly federal bailout.

USPS has been loosing money every day for the last 30 years.

And Trump is evil for trying to fix it.

Hey man, I live over outside of Blue Ridge and we're getting the same kind of shit. Have a box or two totally in limbo, and there's never any telling how long anything is going to live "somewhere around Atlanta" and "in transit".

Supposedly they are renovating a USPS building or two in the Atlanta area that's causing a lot of it. I have a set of pickups from Michigan otw, took them one day to make it to GA (Tuesday) and now they are in limbo "in transit". :rolleyes:
I didn’t know that but that might explain at least part of it. I actually got that package delivered today although the tracking hadn’t even updated the last I checked. It got to the Fairburn sorting facility fully a week ago before it got lost in limbo.

Back