Van Halen - Billboard Music Awards - Updated with HD video

Eddie sounded great and looked healthy. That makes me smile. :thumbsup:

Wolf looks like a stereotypical bass player :LOL: :LOL: Say what you will, but he's solid. He's not Michael, but he holds his own.

Dave was, well, Dave. Not sure why he keeps dressing like Mario (or Luigi, take your pick).

Overall, :thumbsup:

P.S. Is it me or is Taylor Swift becoming more atractive? Would...
(You know, as long as she doesn't speak. Or sing) :D

Van Halen sounded Great. Dave is what he is...........Frontman/Vegas side show.
Btw..........Kanyes "performance" was Garbage no surprise there.

I hear eventide…. and I with all the gain he uses these days I'm glad to hear the eventide again. It at least gives some dimension to the sound.

pretty cool performance, one of their best from recent vids i've seen

just in case better audio /video on this link :rock: :

I didn't find that performance that great. Saw them a few years back and I thought they sound much better then. Dave is the weak link and his voice has definitely declined in the last two years. big time. The tone here was also way too gained out. Is that red channel? Fizz. He should go back to less gain. Use the red channel for lead work if needed but that rythm tone yikes.

All the little "starlets" are going "Where's the auto-tune?" :LOL: :LOL:

This is what REAL MUSIC sounds like, little darlin'...warts and all. 30 years later, STILL RELEVANT! Timeless.

Chris O":3qkwgy3y said:
All the little "starlets" are going "Where's the auto-tune?" :LOL: :LOL:

This is what REAL MUSIC sounds like, little darlin'...warts and all. 30 years later, STILL RELEVANT! Timeless.

I have to agree with ya ,was it perfect no but was a lot damn better than the fake plastic auto tuned crap like Minaj ,Spears

Even Ed Sherran ,I don't want to see some one pressing buttons and loopers get a real frigging band

That was a better performance than on Jimmy Kimmel or Ellen at least. DLR still keeps on trying too hard, why o why?
Ed's tone? Personally I miss the brown sound. Whenever he play songs like Panama or Running with the Devil I listen for the parts where he used to clean up his tone with his volume control. With all that gain Ed's using these days he just can't get that clean tone anymore. But again, the performance was a step up from last time.

Racerxrated":2efi0yq8 said:
BYTOR":2efi0yq8 said:
Wolf looks like he ate Michael Anthony.........
Twice..

Never fails. Every VH thread has you dumb asses making fun of his weight. When you can't slam him for lack of talent you have go for his image. Lame.

For me the highlight of every contemporary VH performance is seeing a father and son have a blast on stage together. Everything else is overshadowed by that.

VH is rocking and considering all they have been through :rock: . Time is kind to nobody.

DLR can still sing in that baritone that is his natural range, which personally I have always thought is very cool. I have no idea why he suddenly wants to be a screamer.

these guys are in their 60's
i think it fucking rocks
roth sounds great,i can't understand all of the hate
he was always an entertainer and a clown,now he has no hair or spandex/leg warmers and he is doing the same schtick
we are lucky to have them together and playing
ed's tone is most def more gained out but I like it and it's 20015 not 1981 anymore

Back