I could never figure out everybody wants some
that one verse:

something something something looking for a boochie
yeah you got lost in a jet stream....
everybody wants some

??
:D
LOL

I've got a copy of the WACF demo's and I definitely got the impression that he made most of the lyrics up as he went along. Some of the stuff that didn't make it to the recordings was pretty poor...-incoherent, embarassing, childish, etc...

I remember hating DLR because I though he prevented VH from being a "serious" band, but after the horrible incarnations after him, and all the other lame singers, it became obvious to me that he was the ultimate frontman and definitely knew what he was doing.

Just sounds like he's saying "buh-mop ba-nuh banana, dixie cups, all flavors and push-ups too." Basically sounds like he flubbed the lyrics and just did a little scat thing over that part.

There sure is a lot of different opinions about it. :D

The live feed doesn't help much. It sounds like he says, "gonna put my banana ah dixie cups".

He probably just flubbed it and they just went onward.

i got cool lemonade-ah!, dixie cups, all flavors an push ups too i'm your ass cream man stop me when im passin by----aie-yah!

the next time you see an ass cream man offering your child his bananas and puddin' bombs, grab the kid by the wrist and run for the friggin hills.

I agree.

It's funny that everyone knows exactly what the OP was talking about, but since I'm only 21, I have no friggin' idea what's going on :LOL: :LOL: ;)

mixohoytian":nntcdv28 said:
I could never figure out everybody wants some
that one verse:

something something something looking for a boochie
yeah you got lost in a jet stream....
everybody wants some

??
:D

"I seen a lotta people lookin' for moonbeam...
Ya stand in line, ya got lost in a jetstream".

sah5150":2sod06uu said:
Gainfreak":2sod06uu said:
he scats a lot of stuff phonetically. In other words if he misses a lyric he will put something in that works and it isn't necessarily english LMAO.
Yup... I think he was trying to say fudge banana pops though...

Steve

I believe you when you say he was saying "fudge banana pops". But what the fuck is a fudge banana pop? :D

HerbieBoogie":2f0ugzve said:
i always thought it was "ive got puddin on banana, dixie cups" but then again im mostly deaf.

I don't think I've ever seen "puddin on banana" on the ice cream man's menu either. Then again, I've never asked for one. :LOL: :LOL:

dfrattaroli":4fqoxfe4 said:
sah5150":4fqoxfe4 said:
Gainfreak":4fqoxfe4 said:
he scats a lot of stuff phonetically. In other words if he misses a lyric he will put something in that works and it isn't necessarily english LMAO.
Yup... I think he was trying to say fudge banana pops though...

Steve

I believe you when you say he was saying "fudge banana pops". But what the fuck is a fudge banana pop? :D
Never seen one of those frozen fudge bananas they sell at fairs?

Steve

What was not mentioned was that Vai tapped it with his toes. :LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":2g95zngq said:
sah5150":2g95zngq said:
Digital Jams":2g95zngq said:
Only at RT can you get quality information like this :LOL: :LOL:
Back off, pal! We just found out here that your hero TAPPED the solo to "Ice Cream Man" on the Eat 'Em tour... go hang your head in shame...

Steve :LOL: :LOL:

Now you did it, I did throw a jab in my post but took it off but it is soooooooooooooooooooo on now :gethim:

Vai played the intro to Mean Streets during that same show in Hartford with the guitar lying on the ground :rock:

Straps are for pusssies :LOL: :LOL: :D

dfrattaroli":223d7qek said:
HerbieBoogie":223d7qek said:
i always thought it was "ive got puddin on banana, dixie cups" but then again im mostly deaf.

I don't think I've ever seen "puddin on banana" on the ice cream man's menu either. Then again, I've never asked for one. :LOL: :LOL:

haha yeah, it;s on his secret menu :yes:

Back