Warm welcome from Carol-Ann Custom Amplifiers

If you check my comments I never mentioned "Politician" that was someone else.

Ken Ho":3fwtyl41 said:
Yes, he can play.
When you mention "posting Politician clips" though, it's hard not to think of Tag.
Anyway, didn't come here to bicker about that, rather because I have a keen interest in Alan's amps.
Hopefully I shall have one soon, just waiting on some details.

procos":3fwtyl41 said:
Well I was not referring to Tag. I really like Tag and have been friends with him for years. I am referring to some of the other guys. Tag is cool in my book. He can play his ass off as well.

Ken Ho":3fwtyl41 said:
* velcro-fly *":3fwtyl41 said:
procos":3fwtyl41 said:
Thanks man I appreciate it. The nice thing as well is I don't have to see the same old BS Dumble threads over and over.

Posting a clip of "Politician" here will get you banned faster than you can say hotrubbermonkey :yes:

That is too funny.
I've had my run-ins with Tag, but I had a great chat with him the other day after telling him he is full of sh*t.
I can't fault his enthusiasm, and I suspect we'd get along very well in person. He is rather obsessional.

LOL.....All right enough Tag /TGP talk. He's a good guy and TGP is what it is. I like Tag, we talk often, but he doesn't own a CA, nor would I ever recommend him to buy one, at least not if he's wanting do the RF thing. I'm not a huge RF fan and the OD-2's were never in a million years designed around that tone in any way. As a side note I personally don't even think Politician was a particular good RF tone anyway. There are others I like more. Yes a good player could coax out a good RF ditty out of one and I've seen Joe Bonamassa pull off the most convincing RF when he was dicking around at sound check. There are builders that aim for the whole RF/LC politically correct super smooth thing. I'm just not one of them. Let's leave them to do that and we'll look at other things.

Alan, was JB using your amps when he recorded Blues Deluxe? Any idea what amps he was layering at that time? Thanks!

Carol-AnnAmps":3a3g729i said:
MCK":3a3g729i said:
Alan, was JB using your amps when he recorded Blues Deluxe? Any idea what amps he was layering at that time? Thanks!

Sloe Gin was the first album he used them I think.

Budda at that stage, I think, but recallling that Kevin Shirley produces Joe, I'd be surprised if he didn't use pretty much every amp ever made.

Still waiting to hear from Alan.

Ok it's almost Midnight here in St Louis. I have to be up by no later than 5:30 AM Tomorrow for a Bank of America Audit and I'm stuck like glue to my freakin REVO!!!!! I LOVE Alan Phillips and everything that he puts out, but this amp is going to be the end of me. I seriously have never had so much fun playing my guitar and the hours pass before you know what hit you. There is so much dynamic range to this one CH amp it just amazes me. After a long 7 year search I have finally found my amp, an amp that doesn't make me sound like anyone else imparticular...... but an amp that I can get my own tone from that inspires me to write and play. Thank you my friend. I can't wait to see what you think of next! - doug gentry

Hey guys!!!! Hi!

Can anyone tell me if they make any of their amps in a two channel version? We play some songs that require fast clean to heavy and back switching. I guess I could set the neck pickup clean and switch over.

How tight is the bottom on these amps for heavy riffing? Some amps sacrifice the huge tone for a tighter bottom...so I don't mind if not super tight!

The OD-2 is a true 2 channel with seperate eq, gain, master.
The Tucana is a 2+1 channel, 2 seperate channels with an extra foot switchable gain boost that has a seperate master volume.

The Tucana is pretty tight with 6550's.

Take a look. http://www.carolannamps.com

I'm getting an OD2r as soon as I can save up the sheckles to get a new one or find one used. I want that softer attack/feel of that model, but need decent cleans and boostable dirt, I can't find a decent OD/Boost stack that doesn't mush everything out...

Great stuff!

Two years later............

And I just ordered my second Carol Ann. For me, they provide the best Live sound I could ask for. In the band, they stand out like a dream!

Thanks Alan, your work is outstanding!

Back