Well, Adam Jones still has monster live tone

bubbastain

God damn it sounded good. Saw Tool last night at the Tacoma Dome. Last time I saw Tool was in 2006 I think. It was the day before or the actual day 10,000 days was released. That was at the Paramount theater which is the best sounding venue I have ever been to. It wasn't as good last night as the Paramount show, but that's just because of the size of venue. When he played parts by himself last night it just sounded monstrous. He's got a lot of aggressive (not smooth) grit to his live tone I just love.

Anyways, I'm probably just stating the obvious common knowledge. :cheers:

That's one of the bands I've never seen and I would love to see a show. What's weird is as much as I like the guitar, I get mesmerized by listening to their drummer. He and the bass player have an incredible groove together! Hope all is good Bubba🤘
Yeah man, doing good. They are playing in Portland tonight. Drummer is killer.

I live in Portland and had no idea they were playing here tonight. The last time I saw them live was I think in '94 at Hammerjacks in Baltimore. It's a little fuzzy because I had the flu but I remember Maynard skulking around the stage...he moved like a mosquito

I live in Portland and had no idea they were playing here tonight. The last time I saw them live was I think in '94 at Hammerjacks in Baltimore. It's a little fuzzy because I had the flu but I remember Maynard skulking around the stage...he moved like a mosquito
Go to the show. I forgot they were playing until the day before the the show. I just put a ad on CL "looking for 1 ticket willing to pay $50". It worked.

I saw them at lollapalooza or some shit. I wasn't a fan back then and never gave them a second chance. I should revisit

bucket list band for me, I've never got to see them, tickets are so outrageously overpriced. They will be here on the 31st.... just can see spending $150 for tickets I'll need binoculars to see anything from.... anything in a decent seat are $500+

Thanks for posting this @bubbastain. I just noticed they are not coming to Atlanta (or I missed it) but I drive a lot for work and can catch them in Florida in February.

For tickets, Is one side of the stage better than the other?

Thanks for posting this @bubbastain. I just noticed they are not coming to Atlanta (or I missed it) but I drive a lot for work and can catch them in Florida in February.

I was at about the 50 yard line down the arena on the lower level on the bass players side. It was okay. I don't know if it would have made much difference unless I was up close on the floor.

bucket list band for me, I've never got to see them, tickets are so outrageously overpriced. They will be here on the 31st.... just can see spending $150 for tickets I'll need binoculars to see anything from.... anything in a decent seat are $500+
I wouldn't pay $150 for any band. Well not unless they let me play through their rig at sound check. Haha! Seriously though, post an ad on Craigslist the day before the show saying your looking for one ticket and are willing to pay $50 AND that you'll give them the money after you're inside. There's always a small group of friends going that had someone bail out last minute. $50 is better than letting the ticket go to waste. I have done this for several shows over the last 4 years since I just can't afford $100+ tickets. Was able to see Kiss, Black Sabbath and Scorpions this way.
Likely to be lots of people unable to go due to Covid.

God damn it sounded good. Saw Tool last night at the Tacoma Dome. Last time I saw Tool was in 2006 I think. It was the day before or the actual day 10,000 days was released. That was at the Paramount theater which is the best sounding venue I have ever been to. It wasn't as good last night as the Paramount show, but that's just because of the size of venue. When he played parts by himself last night it just sounded monstrous. He's got a lot of aggressive (not smooth) grit to his live tone I just love.

Anyways, I'm probably just stating the obvious common knowledge. :cheers:
Seeing them on the 21st for the 6th time. Awesome every time. You've got me hyped

I saw them in Jan '20 in Atlanta. We were 5 rows back to the front/left side of Adam, and it was perfect. We could hear the PA just fine, as well as his amps. We're seeing them again next month in DC, and luckily got tickets for the same seats.

Also, anyone heard/seen what his current live rig is? It was Marshall/Dual Rec/VH4 when we saw them. But I read a few months back that he was replacing the Dual Recs with something else for live use, but I can't remember what. Maybe a Knucklehead? I know he uses those quite a bit in the studio.
05CE4A9C-B03A-4ADD-B250-B54018E36E08.png

I saw them in Jan '20 in Atlanta. We were 5 rows back to the front/left side of Adam, and it was perfect. We could hear the PA just fine, as well as his amps. We're seeing them again next month in DC, and luckily got tickets for the same seats.

Also, anyone heard/seen what his current live rig is? It was Marshall/Dual Rec/VH4 when we saw them. But I read a few months back that he was replacing the Dual Recs with something else for live use, but I can't remember what. Maybe a Knucklehead? I know he uses those quite a bit in the studio.
View attachment 103420
Cool! I got a ticket for the Orlando show. It was either that or Tampa and the Orlando venue is 15 years newer and slightly smaller. And a tiny bit closer.

Back