Nero Forte - Slipknot
Sulfer - Slipknot
Rollin - Limp Bizkit
Got the Life - Korn
Reject Yourself - Killswitch Engage
For You - Staind
Hell - Tree One Four

Fuck that was hard :LOL:
It was worth it…lol…there are some good ones on that list!

The first time I saw them ('99 or 2000) they started the show off like that!!
Dude, I’m pretty sure that’s when I heard it! I couldn’t remember if it was of their concerts I went to in person, or one I saw on video. I went to their New Year’s Eve concert going into the year 2000 at the Detroit lions stadium…fuckin amazing show!!

Also, I think The Dying from that album is underrated. What a killer fucking song.

IMO, that album is Metal perfection. It's catchy, yet it's edgy. Love love love love love that band.

Dude, I’m pretty sure that’s when I heard it! I couldn’t remember if it was of their concerts I went to in person, or one I saw on video. I went to their New Year’s Eve concert going into the year 2000 at the Detroit lions stadium…fuckin amazing show!!
Summer of 2000 was actually when I saw them! It was a few days before I started my senior year of high school...

They'd just finished up the summer sanitarium tour, but James missed the Atlanta show, so they did a makeup date after the tour was over. I didn't have money for the initial SS show, but a friend of mine sold me her ticket to the makeup date. COC opened, and Hatfield came out & played a few songs with them. Epic show! Even though it was far from their prime, I consider myself so lucky to have been able to see them in that era.

Not into the textured guitar sounds in the clip ?

I remember hearing some of the music mentioned in this thread years or decades ago. But my last wife being African and my current wife being from Central America I'm exposed to wider palette of sounds than most people. I don't hear the classic guitar based stuff that was more popular years ago.

Near as I can tell Tony Iommi is the Master of Reality as far as guitar riffs go. James Hetfeild be the only guy that came close.
But I haven't listen to either of them much since the 80's.

Summer of 2000 was actually when I saw them! It was a few days before I started my senior year of high school...

They'd just finished up the summer sanitarium tour, but James missed the Atlanta show, so they did a makeup date after the tour was over. I didn't have money for the initial SS show, but a friend of mine sold me her ticket to the makeup date. COC opened, and Hatfield came out & played a few songs with them. Epic show! Even though it was far from their prime, I consider myself so lucky to have been able to see them in that era.

I graduated in ‘01…started my senior year in 2000 as well! Good times! It was awesome to see them ring in the new year/millennium! It was Sevendust, Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, and Metallica. Metallica was playing Enter Sandman when the ball dropped and stopped in the middle of the song to air it and then wailed back into it once it dropped. Great show! Everyone came out together and played after that.

Paul Kassoffs into to The Hunter.
Its the reason why i got into this shit.
After that probably The Ocean.

I'm thinking mostly of riffs that when you either hear them or play them, force you to make a certain face. The sort of angry/awesome/something-stinks when a riff just hits.

Highly underrated, the beast of a riff from Vengeance - Take it or Leave it

Starts at 0m25s 🤘:

Van Halen - I'm the One
Mercyful Fate - Corpse Without a Soul (main riff)
Lääz Rockit - Euroshima
Iron Maiden - Back in the Village
AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill (intro-riff...specifically NEC Birmhingham Live '91 version)
Kiss - Cold Gin / (honorable side mention to Raspberries - 'Go All the Way'... quite similar vibe and raw rawkiness)

...hmm...I guess I *really* like riffs in A. 😅

Oh wait...
bridge (in B) from Priest's Painkiller.
Primal Fear - Chainbreaker (F#)

and among the stuff that others mentioned like Funk 49, break part in Angel of Death, Lay it Down, Just Got Paid, etc.

Last edited:
Too many to list, but...

Shame Shame Shame - Ratt
Crazy Nights - Loudness
Painkiller - Judas Priest
Never Use Love - Ratt
Clockwork Toy- Loudness
Soldiers Under Command -Stryper
Rock That Makes Me Roll - Stryper
Say What You Will - Fastway

Last edited:
Back