What DI Box do you use for Re-amping

bananaladonpcp

What Brand and Model are you guys using? I'm thinking about picking up a Radial Engineering X-Amp Active Reamplifier. I've used one before and it worked great. The DI box i have now works in reverse for reamping but it seems to picks up radio stations lately.... :doh:

-Alex

so i got a radial X-amp reamp box and i plugged it in last night. worked great. turned it on this morning.... radio stations.... Maybe it's because AM stations have to decrease their power output at night time? How can i protect against this during the day?

bananaladonpcp":2lci182t said:
What Brand and Model are you guys using? I'm thinking about picking up a Radial Engineering X-Amp Active Reamplifier. I've used one before and it worked great. The DI box i have now works in reverse for reamping but it seems to picks up radio stations lately.... :doh:

-Alex
I use the original REAMP. It works great.

Steve

I don't use anything to re-amp. I can go straight out of my Presonus Firestudio Project into the amp and everything sounds wonderful.

I'm currently using, Countryman Type 85 FET DI

thumb_T85_large.jpg

fluff191":1te8dlfs said:
I don't use anything to re-amp. I can go straight out of my Presonus Firestudio Project into the amp and everything sounds wonderful.

How does this work? Does it have built in capability?

Kapo_Polenton":34di0dr3 said:
fluff191":34di0dr3 said:

The FSP puts out the true level of the signal. So you record straight into it to get your DI (average -16db, peaks at -12db) and route it to an output, it will spit out the true level of the signal, bypassing the need to use a re-amp box to kick the signal down (most interfaces put out an automatic line level).

I kept trying to use a re-amp box and had ZERO signal and couldnt figure out what I was doing. My Presonus rep then told me what I mentioned above. Love it!

fluff191":tj7js489 said:
Kapo_Polenton":tj7js489 said:
fluff191":tj7js489 said:

The FSP puts out the true level of the signal. So you record straight into it to get your DI (average -16db, peaks at -12db) and route it to an output, it will spit out the true level of the signal, bypassing the need to use a re-amp box to kick the signal down (most interfaces put out an automatic line level).

I kept trying to use a re-amp box and had ZERO signal and couldnt figure out what I was doing. My Presonus rep then told me what I mentioned above. Love it!
Interesting. Have you tired the experiment of playing the "reamped" signal from the Presonus through your amp and then immediately plugging the guitar you used to make the original DI track into the amp and listening? Do they sound identical? I've found that I have to adjust the output of my REAMP box to get the DI track and straight guitar to sound identical through the amp, but I can make it happen. My understanding was that the REAMP was really just providing a level and impedance adjustment that mimics the guitar sound coming out of the pickup. I wouldn't think that the impedance adjustment would be happening at the output of the Presonus unless it has a REAMP style circuit, but, hey, whadoo I know...

Steve

fluff191":1ope2nym said:
Kapo_Polenton":1ope2nym said:
fluff191":1ope2nym said:

Can i do that with the old presonus firepod I wonder?

Kapo_Polenton":e76299v1 said:
Can i do that with the old presonus firepod I wonder?

Hmmmm only one way to find out!! :yes:

I have a Firepod as well but have never tried myself!

fluff191":fzpnr5zk said:
I have a focusrite scarlett 18i6. It needs a balanced out. Idk why but it is picking up an AM radio station like im listening to the fucking radio. It didn't do it last night but now it's doing it.... Picks it up with the Diezel Herbert and the Engl Fireball... When i plug a guitar straight in it's fine. ugh... I guess im going to have to build a damn Faraday cage...

Back