What is your bug out plan?

I’ve studied it quite extensively. Honestly unless you’re set up to farm and live like your in the mid 19th century…or Amish….you’re done. Also depends on what the situation is as well…grid goes down over 90% of the population of the USA is dead in less than 12months. After 3 days chaos everywhere. Then the Golden Horde appears and begins to move. Cannibalism, atrocities, people selling their kids for food. 3rd world is better prepared than anyone because they have been living hardscrabble for ever. It’s just normal for them. People think they will hunt deer and grow a garden. Okay…think about that. Only so many animals. Lots of people are thinking that same thing. Grow a garden? Good luck with that. Unless you have equipment and knowledge you ain’t growing shit. Thus being prepared to live and farm like the middle of the 19th century. Horses and tack…plow and discs for them…and lots of acreage. And physically being able to live that lifestyle. Sorry for rambling on about it…it’s a bad situation for eerbody…
Lots of people have been serious about preparing for it for many years. Already have gardens. Already have land with animals, land that is set up to be defensible by the right people with the right amount of provisions. Yeah it won’t be easy but the hardest things about it will be defending it and getting used to not having dumb shit to entertain yourself with. Like the internet. And Guinness. And electricity. The 90% figure is probably accurate, but you gotta figure about 50% of the population is going to kill themselves when Twitter goes down so it’s really not much of a barometer.

My neighbor, who has the propane, also is the one with the garden that produces more than we can eat. And the hollar I'm in is such that you can hear anything coming in. Except the deer. The squirrels make more noise than than the deer. And the springs make more noise than the squirrels - if that's possible :LOL:

Lots of people have been serious about preparing for it for many years. Already have gardens. Already have land with animals, land that is set up to be defensible by the right people with the right amount of provisions. Yeah it won’t be easy but the hardest things about it will be defending it and getting used to not having dumb shit to entertain yourself with. Like the internet. And Guinness. And electricity. The 90% figure is probably accurate, but you gotta figure about 50% of the population is going to kill themselves when Twitter goes down so it’s really not much of a barometer.
Like guns, I used to be more into it when I was more into the physical world. A lot of modern prepping is fear driven. I look at it more like emergency readiness for shorter term crisis' rather than some long, drawn out full on collapse survival situation doomsday. There's definitely more than one way to skin a cat. Sometimes I think a person with a secreted place prepared in the woods deep in public land in the styx, and knowledge of local flora and fauna,,is better off than the person with razor wire, guard dogs, an arsenal, and a mountain of supplies. There is no target to raid if no one is aware that anyone is there to begin with.

You aren't wrong about having dumb stuff to entertain yourself with, that's major. It's why I didn't donate ALL my books and I still have a couple decks of cards, an acoustic guitar, and a couple harmonicas. But I'm working more on my prayer rope, because time is suspended and eventually I hope to be able to block out all hunger, fear, deprivation, and pain and be fully focused on the Lord through the use of the Jesus Prayer. It's the ladder to heaven my man.

LOL at the Twitter stuff. You're hardly exaggerating about that. Many people have been fully consumed by social media and are constantly checking their phones. When my internet goes down me and my wife quickly revert to the 80's and find other stuff to do. My son, having had internet his whole life, quickly tires of the situation, though he has gotten better over the years.

What about the lack of Sun when the nuclear winter sets in? :ROFLMAO:
Sorry, someone had to. I'm glad there are some folks out there with a plan. I got no plan. I don't have the energy to prep. I do have enough water to last a week longer than everyone else though.
wind generator

Wind, water and solar power: a ...

It’s weird hearing “space boi” or “rocket man” here. That topic barely cracks the top 10 of things that I’m in to.

“Zone 5 deciduous shrub boi” makes more sense. Or maybe Nintendo or something like that

But if shit hit the fan I’d probably just hang out in my house with my family. It’s easy to heat, we have a nice garden. Lots of wildlife to hunt, clean water etc.

From conspiracy theories straight to doomsday prepping... Figures. Something wrong with you Yanks.

Anyway time to take Armageddon like a man princesses.

Back