What's the going rate for IIC+'s?

Wow. Then you either have a special JP or there’s something up with your original. The feel as you say, isn’t close. But the clarity is also not even close, to my ears anyway.
I even bought a quad of STR 415 tubes when I bought my JP2C, and I agree with you. While it is a great amp with a lot of modern features, sound and feel wise it didn't come close to me.

It depends. My C++ sounds exactly like my JP2C, different feel, but no one in the room could tell the difference. Every C+ is different.

My old JP2C was great but was well short of my old 2C++.

I wonder what a Mark III++ with 105 transformer is worth these days.

I’ve got several factory and upgraded MKIIC++s and the JP-2C is about 80% there imho. The feel is different, but closest when using shred mode on the JP-2C. The C++ does sound, feel, and play better overall... but it’s not as night and day different as some have said.

Remember the JP-2C is based on an HRG with the 100PT... so comparing it to a DRG is an apples to oranges comparison.

I think it's funny, asking value from a bunch of guys with stars in our eyes & are hoping for a big payday someday. Perhaps the OP should answer his own question- an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it!

I don’t think mark iii is actually selling for a lot of the prices we’re seeing lists at. While not as common on the used market as it once was and not as cheap as it once was I still see it a ways away from being “rare” (with obvious exceptions) and a ++ probably goes a little north of 1500

I don’t think mark iii is actually selling for a lot of the prices we’re seeing lists at. While not as common on the used market as it once was and not as cheap as it once was I still see it a ways away from being “rare” (with obvious exceptions) and a ++ probably goes a little north of 1500

Maybe 6 months ago... now $2000 is a good deal on MK3... without any servicing or new filter caps or anything. This is going by sold sales on both Reverb and eBay. Remember used beat to death Marshall 2203s and 2204s are going for $2000 now too. The ++ mod and factory service will only add to the price.

It’s a different world from only a year ago. Completely a seller’s market today.

Maybe 6 months ago... now $2000 is a good deal on MK3... without any servicing or new filter caps or anything. This is going by sold sales on both Reverb and eBay. Remember used beat to death Marshall 2203s and 2204s are going for $2000 now too. The ++ mod and factory service will only add to the price.

It’s a different world from only a year ago. Completely a seller’s market today.
I was talking about the sold listings on eBay and reverb. I think regular mark iii are going for around 1200 and special ones are going for more but basically whatever someone will pay. Unless there is a function I don’t know about that shows how much the accepted offer was, yeah dudes are listing them sky high on reverb... but what’s new reverb is no longer a place to find a good deal

I think it's funny, asking value from a bunch of guys with stars in our eyes & are hoping for a big payday someday. Perhaps the OP should answer his own question- an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it!
While a Mark III is a cool amp, the 2 that I had fell far short to the feel, clarity and 3D 'thing' the C+ have going on...so If one went for 2K (I don't care how many + it had, still no C+) then the prices we are typing here for a C+ are easily on par with reality.

Ok so next question. Where are we going to sell them? I ditched Reverb because of some personal issues, even though it's probably still the best place. However..

I'm also ditching eBay because they now require my SSN to sell. That means they're going to start 1099 (?) people. I'll be damned if I'm going to report selling used gear on my taxes when I'm selling guitars and amps in the $1-4K range often. This must be government regs so I'd expect Reverb to follow suit.

All I've got left are the classifieds here!

Ok so next question. Where are we going to sell them? I ditched Reverb because of some personal issues, even though it's probably still the best place. However..

I'm also ditching eBay because they now require my SSN to sell. That means they're going to start 1099 (?) people. I'll be damned if I'm going to report selling used gear on my taxes when I'm selling guitars and amps in the $1-4K range often. This must be government regs so I'd expect Reverb to follow suit.

Really? eBay requires your social???

I read about needing your bank account but your social too??? That’s a reach too far. They will probably be sending you 1099 or some such to add to your tax bill. Crazy.

Shit, maybe they're singling me out like Reverb did! Looks like I have a few days left to get this C++ sold there!

eBay
spacer-73ucG.gif
You missed the deadline to update your account details, but don’t worry-we’re giving you more time. Update your account details by January 20, 2021, or your ability to revise or relist existing listings, or create new listings will be disabled. Don’t wait!​

I feel ya I'm not using Reverb for anything and I'm not selling on ebay either. But between here and TGP you should reach a lot of the people that would be interested. I don't do social media but apparently some have marketplaces that work for some. And stratjacket's Tonefind is another. It has fees but they aren't out of control like Revebay.

Shit, maybe they're singling me out like Reverb did! Looks like I have a few days left to get this C++ sold there!

eBay

spacer-73ucG.gif

You missed the deadline to update your account details, but don’t worry-we’re giving you more time. Update your account details by January 20, 2021, or your ability to revise or relist existing listings, or create new listings will be disabled. Don’t wait!​

Haven’t seen that at all. But most of my sales/offers come here. I’ve gotten a few offers for my gear here; when they aren’t listed. That’s why I list my gear....you never know when someone might pm and make an offer on something you own. I’ve had a few on my 2203 and Coli.

Back