What's the going rate for IIC+'s?

The prices lately have been quite exorbitant on the used market. My guess is they’ll drop a little when this bubble pops but with the ridiculous idea that pre-Gibson makes a difference... ? idk we’ll see I guess

SOB KRG is THE unicorn, C+ (or ++) KRG, yes, very rare, IIB KRG w/Limit - only 7-8 made. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad...and all but 1 have visited Mike B in the past year.

My intel, depending on chassis, cab, tubes, service status:

SRG: $2.5-4K
HRG: $3-4K
DRG: $4.5-6K
KRG $5-6.5K
KDRG $6K+

View attachment 66606

Damn, I'm in love with the wood cabinet longhead. But why are you chasing a KRG SOB? -- just looking at the usual listings, it doesn't seem like really anyone's ever been that into the SOB model.

Damn, I'm in love with the wood cabinet longhead. But why are you chasing a KRG SOB? -- just looking at the usual listings, it doesn't seem like really anyone's ever been that into the SOB model.

I am not chasing one, at all... just came up in prior post. It is the unicorn, though...

I've got a JP2C being built right now, should be done any day now. Do I consider this Pre-Gibson.. or Transitional or what? :ROFLMAO: I guess I'll consider it Pre-Gibson since the order was placed before the buy in.
Just to mention, if you like the JP you’ll love a real C+ that much more. The JP to my ears, when I played one a few yrs back sounds and feels much like a Mk IV, rather than a Vintage C+. The JP doesn’t have the feel or 3D/clarity of a vintage C+. They are more different than similar imo. Not to knock the JP, they are nice amps that have great features the vintage C+ do not have.

I am not chasing one, at all... just came up in prior post. It is the unicorn, though...
Not if you are chasing a C+. C+ Coliseums are. Maybe out of the entire Mesa lineup over the years, for the collector but I doubt anyone who wants a C+ would choose a SOB KRG over a C+ KRG. Just sayin.

Regarding the SOB I was just referencing the rarity. I've only ever heard of one. I know at least 6 guys who have C+ Colis. "Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's valuable". Hell, my C++ HR is EXTREMEMLY rare (a no-G ++)!

Regarding the SOB I was just referencing the rarity. I've only ever heard of one. I know at least 6 guys who have C+ Colis. "Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's valuable". Hell, my C++ HR is EXTREMEMLY rare (a no-G ++)!
Yep true. But, at 80-something in the wild C+ Coliseums are rare. There’s more Dumbles out there than C+ Coliseums

Yep true. But, at 80-something in the wild C+ Coliseums are rare. There’s more Dumbles out there than C+ Coliseums
There’s also a lot more Dumbles out there than Trainwrecks yet Trainwrecks are less. Rarity definitely isn’t everything. There’s also way more real deal Klons out there than there are c+’s yet that pedal can still sell for similar prices. The rarest high gain amps I’m aware of besides certain model c+’s (like the coliseum) are the ccv, blueface vh4, DAR’s, and I’m guessing certain earlier revision Recto’s. I’d take a comparatively common c+ over all those still, but glad to have owned (or still own) those at one point

There’s also a lot more Dumbles out there than Trainwrecks yet Trainwrecks are less. Rarity definitely isn’t everything. There’s also way more real deal Klons out there than there are c+’s yet that pedal can still sell for similar prices. The rarest high gain amps I’m aware of besides certain model c+’s (like the coliseum) are the ccv, blueface vh4, DAR’s, and I’m guessing certain earlier revision Recto’s. I’d take a comparatively common c+ over all those still, but glad to have owned (or still own) those at one point
I’m not familiar with Trainwrecks or Dumbles other than knowing they command 10k-100K+ but are Trainwrecks a Dumble clone? Or no?

I’m not familiar with Trainwrecks or Dumbles other than knowing they command 10k-100K+ but are Trainwrecks a Dumble clone? Or no?
I’ve not kept up with prices, but last I checked Dumbles can be $80k and up and Trainwrecks $30-60k depending on the model. Dumbles are generally 6L6 American voiced amps kinda like what a Boogie Mark I wishes it was or like what a hot rodded Fender wishes it was. Trainwrecks are completely different, more British inspired with EL84 or 34 depending on the model. The Dumble was in a league of its own to any amp I’ve tried, but of course not a metal amp. None of the clones were close (Bludotone, Two Rock, Fuchs, Smartbelle, etc). Haven’t tried a real Train Wreck yet, but have tried some clones. The Komet’s sounded great (Trainwreck clone). Kinda like a Marshall/vox vibe, but kinda it’s own thing too. If a real Trainwreck is even better then it must be pretty amazing. I’ve been told that the Komet is one of the best clones and is like 85% of the way there

Klons shouldn’t be as pricy as they are, but still without a doubt the best boost I’ve ever tried. None of the clones I’ve tried again came close. I think a vintage tube screamer is the 2nd best option probably even though it’s a different pedal, but they’re also not cheap

I have one I’ll probably sell in the coming year. Factory DRG. I have both the rack mount and a new boogie head shell. I’ve been trying to assess price too. I’ll likely throw the whole package on reverb for $5k and let it sit for a while and see what happens. Probably wouldn’t let it go for less than $4k.
Damn, if you're going to sell it I'm calling dibs. I've been trying to buy a DRG for so long and I've had bad luck. The last one I'd tried was the one fatbagg was selling, but for some reason he stopped responding to my pm's, and I was willing to pay up more. So please let me know.

Last edited:
Just to mention, if you like the JP you’ll love a real C+ that much more. The JP to my ears, when I played one a few yrs back sounds and feels much like a Mk IV, rather than a Vintage C+. The JP doesn’t have the feel or 3D/clarity of a vintage C+. They are more different than similar imo. Not to knock the JP, they are nice amps that have great features the vintage C+ do not have.
I agree but then again IMO the IV shits all over the JP

It depends. My C++ sounds exactly like my JP2C, different feel, but no one in the room could tell the difference. Every C+ is different.

Back